2008 Gx 470 Sunroof

tubwater

I have a new 2008 GX 470 with less than 2000 miles on it. On the way to work this AM the sunroof burst - outward. This was 7:30 AM and the outside temperature was 81 degrees so thermal expansion doesn't seem likely. The service rep @ my dealership told me it was the 3rd such occurence they had reported to them and it was not covered by warranty. Could this be a defect? Anyone else have a similar experience?

• 2 months later...
I have a new 2008 GX 470 with less than 2000 miles on it. On the way to work this AM the sunroof burst - outward. This was 7:30 AM and the outside temperature was 81 degrees so thermal expansion doesn't seem likely. The service rep @ my dealership told me it was the 3rd such occurence they had reported to them and it was not covered by warranty. Could this be a defect? Anyone else have a similar experience?

Sounds like manufacturing defect to me. They even admitted that you are not the only one. Unless you shoved something through the window, it's not your fault, it's a defect. I'm sure they'll claim their warranty doesn't cover glass or such, just start yelling and ask to speak to corporate. You have bumper to bumper for 36k miles for things like this.

Sounds like manufacturing defect to me. They even admitted that you are not the only one. Unless you shoved something through the window, it's not your fault, it's a defect. I'm sure they'll claim their warranty doesn't cover glass or such, just start yelling and ask to speak to corporate. You have bumper to bumper for 36k miles for things like this.

Actually, you have a 4yr 50k warranty for things like this ;) Call Lexus up and complain