Going Cross Country Need Advice

im driving to vegas from birmingham, alabama and i need some tips...

how can i conserve gas?

what do i need to check in the car b4 i go?

do u think it'll be reliable enough or should i go rental car?

Drive at a consistent speed, closer to the speed limit the better usually, and brake as little as possible.

On a new/nearly new lexus? Tire pressure, and if you'll be due for an oil change before the trip would be done...that's about it.

Drive at a consistent speed, closer to the speed limit the better usually, and brake as little as possible.

I agree. Double check your tire pressure before and wouldn't hurt during the trip as well.

I did a quick calculation: If you get 30 MPG (I'm guessing that's normal for 60 mph) you will use approximately 60.5 gallons. If you get 25 MPG (Again, guessing that's normal for 75 mph) you will use approximately 72.7 gallons. With gas averaging at $4.50 a gallon, you would save about $54.51 over the entire trip. However, it would take you an additional 6 hours...

Is your time worth more than $9.00 an hour?!? I think I'd spend the additional cash to get there early. After a trip like that you will probably be suffering from cabin fever.

Note: This assumes the mileage from Vegas to Birmingham is 1,817 (per mapquest) and I have made assumptions on MPH and gas prices. You're mileage may vary!

I agree. Double check your tire pressure before and wouldn't hurt during the trip as well.

I did a quick calculation: If you get 30 MPG (I'm guessing that's normal for 60 mph) you will use approximately 60.5 gallons. If you get 25 MPG (Again, guessing that's normal for 75 mph) you will use approximately 72.7 gallons. With gas averaging at $4.50 a gallon, you would save about $54.51 over the entire trip. However, it would take you an additional 6 hours...

Is your time worth more than $9.00 an hour?!? I think I'd spend the additional cash to get there early. After a trip like that you will probably be suffering from cabin fever.

Note: This assumes the mileage from Vegas to Birmingham is 1,817 (per mapquest) and I have made assumptions on MPH and gas prices. You're mileage may vary!

dude u rock.

lexuses dont break often do they?

how can i prevent a flat tire?

dude u rock.

lexuses dont break often do they?

how can i prevent a flat tire?

Don't run over anything sharp :P

Honestly, keep your tires properly inflated, don't hit anything with em, and that's about all you can really do... you can keep the car properly aligned to reduce wear, and check for wear on a regular basis, and that'll at least reduce the odds of a "surprise" blowout somewhat, but run over the wrong thing and it won't matter.

im driving to vegas from birmingham, alabama and i need some tips...

how can i conserve gas?

what do i need to check in the car b4 i go?

do u think it'll be reliable enough or should i go rental car?

What worries me is why are you concerned at all. I would think that my IS could take me to the moon and back if there was a road and so would a rented Focus.

Tire pressure on all 5 / Oil change not a bad idea if due soon / Windshield washer liquid. but I would deffinitely consider a Front End Bra or at the very very least a Bug Screen to reduce dings and chips but minde the installation carefully, flappin from a bug screen can also scratch the paint