Gps Upgrade

Howdy Gang!

I'm looking to update my GPS. I think I heard that this had to be done by the dealer and the newest one is from like 2003 and the dealer wants about $500 for this. Anyone have any differnt info or sources? Thanks Guys and Gals. Voroom-Voroomm

:)

DON'T pay 500 for that disc! i got mine off sewell's ebay account for 300 im looking for it right now or off their page! no this doesn't have to be done at the dealer but they want you to! i did mine myself its REALLY simple! i'll reply again when i find it!

brian

ok mine was simple i just bought the newest disc that matched my generation model and popped it into the harddrive! only thing i can find on there is a hard drive upgrade...........apparently to get any kind of upgrade it seems like the 1999 has to change its hard drive but it says its a D.I.Y. install. anyways......heres the link

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/parts_det...88792&all=Y

i would just try calling them to make sure as it says latest upgrade is a 2004. hell i have the latest 2007 upgrade for mine and its missing stuff so i cant imagine a 2004 isn't also! .............. Call 1-888-909-6633

brian

The 1999 GS400 didn't use a dvd based system. It uses a hard drive and the last update was from July 2004. You're better off spending the money and get a Garmin or Tom Tom.

Can the 1999 hard drive version be upgraded to the newer cd version? Anyone ever try? Thanks y'all!

• 2 weeks later...