Back Up Camera On Gs300

My 2006 GS300 AWD does not have the Navigation system, therefore does not have the back up camera. Can the camera be added to the vehicle and work with the existing screen, please?

No, Not going to work. You need nav for backup camera.

• 7 months later...

I just got a back camera put in my 06 Gs300awd. They were able to connect it to my factory radio. I chose a plate camera because i didn't want them to drill any holes in my car and they used a NavTv TOY01 interface to make it work. All I do is tap on the disc button twice when I'm in reverse. It works just like a factory Camera. It's cheaper if you buy the parts yourself and have an experience professional installer that's familiar with the Gs put it in for you.

I just got a back camera put in my 06 Gs300awd. They were able to connect it to my factory radio. I chose a plate camera because i didn't want them to drill any holes in my car and they used a NavTv TOY01 interface to make it work. All I do is tap on the disc button twice when I'm in reverse. It works just like a factory Camera. It's cheaper if you buy the parts yourself and have an experience professional installer that's familiar with the Gs put it in for you.

]Did your GS300 have NAV?

• 1 year later...

hi,

i purchased original parking assist module and camera as stated here http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/components/2006-lexus-gs300~rear-monitor-display-camera-86-06-1235.html

that's supposed to be the parts to make camera work!

do anyone know how to integrate this into the car? there are no jacks there.

reply would be highly appreciated.

I have a camera mounted to, and at the top of my rear license plate, with the screen mounted on the left side of my dash. I have it wired to automatically come on when the car is put in reverse, or I can switch it to be on all the time. Audio Vox is the manf.

Paul