08 Ls460 Or 09 Ls460awd Both In Swb

Folks,

I am in the market for a new car as lease is up end of July - 10 days!

I would love to get a LS460 but I live in Pittsburgh- Some snow but not as bad as Boston. Closer to Baltimore weather. I can get an 08 LS460 near/at invoice with options I want about $61k (Nav and Comfort Pkg) or I can wait and be one of the first to order in August for October delivery an LS460 SWB AWD -dealer confirmed that this is going to be available. I doubt that I can get much off and guessing by the $3000-3500 up change for AWD the car would cost about $74k MSRP which I might get for about $71k (guessing $3k off MSRP)

Question is would you for $10k take the non AWD 2008, put Blizzaks on the car which dealers claim do just fine in snow on the LS460 or take the 2009 model with likely less depreciation due to AWD in Pittsburgh. I plan to buy car with cash and keep it 5-6 yrs and I'm guessing that the max difference between the 2008 and 2009 if sold at the same time in 5 years is 8-10% or about $5.5 - 7k.

Thanks in advance

Chris

In snow, you will be much happier with AWD -- regardless of snow tires.

Just depends on how often you drive in snow, your patience level and the value of $10k to you over the long run.

Wouldn't it be terrible being unhappy with a non-AWD car when you knew you could of had one.

Just my opinion.

I'd be awefully tempted to wait for that 09 AWD model personally....but a really good set of winter rubber on the RWD 08 would do the trick.

It's a bit of a catch 22 here......get a larger discount on an 08...but a larger depreciation hit...because the 09's are out soon. Hmmmm......did I mention that the 09 AWD model looks very tempting? :whistles:

:cheers:

I think waiting might be a good thing. I'll know by next week where I am in the build of AWD. Some say i might not get it till Jan 09???ordering in August. Production to start in Sept but they are disbursed to dealers for demos and "VIP" customers- ie not me!! No one cares if they see me driving around in one!

Ill keep you all in touch.

I'd be awefully tempted to wait for that 09 AWD model personally....but a really good set of winter rubber on the RWD 08 would do the trick.

It's a bit of a catch 22 here......get a larger discount on an 08...but a larger depreciation hit...because the 09's are out soon. Hmmmm......did I mention that the 09 AWD model looks very tempting? :whistles:

:cheers: