Cruise Control Has Poor Memory

RXdaddy

My 2000 RX300 has a cruise control memory problem. After disengaging the control by pressing the brake pedal, if I don't reengage within a minute or so, the cruise control doesn't seem to remember what speed the control was set at prior to disengagement. This requires me to go through the process of setting the control speed again. If I disengage and then reengage again with 20-30 seconds, there is no problem. Is this a problem easily fixed by an owner with general mechanical knowledge, or does this require a software/hardware fix?

RX,

I've got a 99 RX300 with the same problem. My RX has several of these type annoyances, but overall with 100K of troublefree miles, I overlook these as quirks and enjoy all that is good with the RX. I will be looking to see if anyone else has a proposed fix for this, though. Sorry.

Buzz

According to the owners manual of my 2004 RX 330, once you drop below 25 MPH the memory is cleared and the cruise needs to be reset at the speed you want. I think it's a safety thing that keeps you from returning to a faster speed that conditions allow for.