1990 Ls400 Key

glenmore

Is Lexus the only source to cut a new key for a 1990 LS400? I am down to only one key that works. I still have the aluminum wallet key but that one won't last long with continuous use. The original key with the button and the valet key are so worn that they no longer fit the door, trunk or ignition.

Thanks,

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

If you don't care about the lexus logo on the blank, then go to toylex.com. All you need for them to cut your key is the code from the little metal key tag that is probably in your glove compartment. Should be a 4 or 5 digit code.

Prices are pretty decent and it took about 4 days turnaround time to get the new ones.

I had similar problems with mine. An old fashioned locksmith shop that is owned by a guy in his late 70s gave me some advice. He said that the lock itself sometimes is the problem. Meaning the ignition switch. He sold me a little tube of graphite powder and advised me to put the smallest amount into the ignition slot in the spring and the fall to keep it regularly lubricated.

He could not sell me a new key, but the ones I have now work fine in the ignition. Those ignition tumblers will eventually wear the key away as you have found unless it is regularly maintained. Just my two cents! ;)

I lost one key, so I found Ohio Locksmiths on the web. All I had to do was fax them a copy of the title. That assures that I own the car, and allows them to access the VIN number to cut the right keys. Got 2 for $100 bucks incl shipping. My local locksmith wanted $75 per key as long as I provided the blanks, and he wouldn't guarantee the key would work. He said he had to cut the keys with a special expensive machine. Probably BS.

The ones from Ohio work great. Best of luck.