How To Remove Ashtray/cup Holder Assembly?

my92es300

Hello fellow Lexus Owners,

Does anyone know how to remove the ashtray/cupholder assembly on a '92 ES? My cigarette light does not function, and I already eliminated the possibility of blown fuses. I'm thinking that the connections to the lighter came loose, but I have no idea how to gain access to the back of the lighter socket. I tied removing the trim above the cupholder to expose the two screws that hold the top portion of the assembly in place. Once I removed them, the top portion wiggles, but the bottom portion seems connected somehow. I didn't want to exert too much pressure for fear of breaking the plastic.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey Blake918,

Thanks!!! Everything went as you described. The wood trim came off with ease exposing the remaining two screws that held the assembly in place. Now, I have to figure out why the cig lighter will not work. The connections seem fine, but there were a couple of coins that fell behind which could have caused a short. However, the fuses seem fine, but I'm going to replace them to be sure.

Thanks again!