Lockout Problem

Does anyone have any experience with a lockout on a 2004 LS430?

One of my kids locked my only key in the trunk. The car was also locked at the time. A locksmith came out and got the car door open, but set the alarm off in the process. This appeared to disable the trunk switch so that it would not operate the trunk solenoid. He then drilled out the valet trunk lock under the dash which made no sense to me because it was already in the unlocked position. We also attempted to access the trunk through the access port in the back seat, but too many suitcases are blocking access to the inside trunk lever and the key.

1. Is it true that the alarm system locks out the trunk solenoid from operating once it is set off? If true, is there any way to reset it other then taking it to the Lexus dealer? (I have already tried removing the battery cable)

2. Was drilling out the lock under the dash a possibility to open the trunk, or was this locksmith simply not experienced?

3. Was there any way to open the door or the trunk without setting off the alarm, like operating the trunk lever from outside before the door was opened?

Thanks so much for any guidance -- it has been a drama-filled afternoon getting my kids to summer camp with all there stuff still locked in my car.

Mark

This could be a problem.

The few times that I set off my alarm the one thing I noticed is that the car immediately locks EVERYTHING.

The first time I set it off I had left the windows down but locked the car with the remote.

When I came back I reached through the driver window to physically open the lock...it didnt like that.

The car forcefully pulled the lock back to the closed position and started blairing. It actually hurt my finger!

Even the hood is alarmed in this car.

I'm thinking that getting in there will probably require getting to the keys through the inside of the car.

Unless you have the ultra..without the pass through..I would suggest pulling down the rear armrest, opening the inside pass through and forcefully opening the trunk side pass door and retrieving your key.

One of my kids locked my only key in the trunk. The car was also locked at the time. A locksmith came out and got the car door open, but set the alarm off in the process. This appeared to disable the trunk switch so that it would not operate the trunk solenoid. He then drilled out the valet trunk lock under the dash which made no sense to me because it was already in the unlocked position. We also attempted to access the trunk through the access port in the back seat, but too many suitcases are blocking access to the inside trunk lever and the key.

1. Is it true that the alarm system locks out the trunk solenoid from operating once it is set off? If true, is there any way to reset it other then taking it to the Lexus dealer? (I have already tried removing the battery cable)

2. Was drilling out the lock under the dash a possibility to open the trunk, or was this locksmith simply not experienced?

3. Was there any way to open the door or the trunk without setting off the alarm, like operating the trunk lever from outside before the door was opened?

Thanks so much for any guidance -- it has been a drama-filled afternoon getting my kids to summer camp with all there stuff still locked in my car.

Mark

This is how i got my trunk open. Disconnect battery and left it unhooked for a few hours. I then connected it back and it activated the trunk release switch. In your case being the lock was drilled it may not release the trunk as a safety feature. Also you can call the lexus dealer and have them make you a new key.

P.S. I would have beat my child's a$$ for all this trouble. :angry:

Mark

This is how i got my trunk open. Disconnect battery and left it unhooked for a few hours. I then connected it back and it activated the trunk release switch. In your case being the lock was drilled it may not release the trunk as a safety feature. Also you can call the lexus dealer and have them make you a new key.

P.S. I would have beat my child's a$$ for all this trouble. :angry:

LOL, you don't beat a kid's !Removed! for accidentally locking keys in a car! How many brilliant, accomplished adults has this happened to?