If You Bought Another Ls What Is One Thing You Would Have To Have?

ED.

After spending all day in the heat yesterday, I've spend today resting and looking up stuff on ebay.

I typed in Lexus LS400 and was looking through any of the ones that caught my eye and came to realize that if I were to get one I think the one thing I would have to have is the Nakamichi upgrade. Air suspension is nice mainly for the coolness of having it but after 10+ years I think it is something you would want to stay away from. The navi is cool but I don't like how it doesn't really fit the look of the 98+. I know they didn't have a lot to work with but it looks out of place in a way. Definetly 01+ it looks very OEM.

I was just curious to see what you guys thought.

When we got the 1996, our old mechanic was so intrigued by it he ended up getting a 1992 or 1993 off eBay and it had the Nak (I believe) as well as the air suspension and the sport settings for the shocks. I have not ever really seen that since except on those Celsiors. He was a Porsche mechanic and worked a lot on German cars. These LS poision the mind. And for good reason! Once you drive them, you do not want to go back to anything else.

Despite its cost, I would have to say air suspension, because I am not at all pleased with the ride on my non-air suspension 91' LS400, nor was I pleased with my 90' LS400s ride. On both cars, the rear suspension seems supple, but the front suspension on both cars were/are overly firm. :rolleyes:

i want that fridge in the new ones, and the 18" 5 spokes from the new ones, but i'm buying those next week. but i don't like the fact that the new ones dont have the "balls" vent, living in florida i love that feature on my '98

i want that fridge in the new ones, and the 18" 5 spokes from the new ones, but i'm buying those next week. but i don't like the fact that the new ones dont have the "balls" vent, living in florida i love that feature on my '98

you mean "crotch cooler" ??? lol

yeah, i mean crotch cooler, w/e you wanna call it i love it. it should be on every car

Agree completely with the crotch-cooler. I never used to drive naked before, but now....ahh......

;-)

I can't get away with driving naked due to being a woman, but I am having a lot of fun with the ac blowing full blast on my chest. These puppies get plenty hot.

The most fun is to close the airflow to all other vents and chill 'em down til they feel numb!

What I want is sport type wheels the IS and new F cars get. Wheels are expensive and its such a shame to love everything about the grandpa lexus sedans except the wheels.

I have to agree with IS400 - better looking wheels are a must. I upgraded to 18" TSW Vortex rims last year & IMHO, it makes a big difference.

As far as chillin' them puppies down, I will have to defer to her womanly insticts ;-)

I do love the articulating vents though, it makes the frostbitten knuckles a thing of the past.

Can't really say which option is my favorite, everything on my UL is incredible - once you have it, you don't want to be without it!

Actually, an oem MP3 player with sd or mm card slot so you just slip your card in would be nice. Or a plug for my player.
That's what I'd want too. It's a real shame Vaistech doesn't make adapters for our LS400s.

I can't get away with driving naked due to being a woman, but I am having a lot of fun with the ac blowing full blast on my chest. These puppies get plenty hot.

The most fun is to close the airflow to all other vents and chill 'em down til they feel numb!

Is it just me, or does anyone else want to ride shotgun with IS400 merely as an observer?

I have a sort of plain jane 96 LS. The 98+ and the LS 430 are far more luxurious. I'd like more wood accents, but that ain't enough for me to think about trading a perfectly good car. I'll look at that the next time though.

i wish the ultra lux package was available for the US first and second gens. Also i wish cloth seats were availble in all years in LOADED ls400's. The 98+ LS's fixed most probs.

Is it just me, or does anyone else want to ride shotgun with IS400 merely as an observer?

Awwwww! I love you guys too! Have a great week! :)

i got exactly same colors inside and outside:)

minus chrome rims and nak audio. too bad they dont put them into newer ones:(

but the mark levinson plus the navigation do they job just as well:)

Actually, an oem MP3 player with sd or mm card slot so you just slip your card in would be nice. Or a plug for my player.
That's what I'd want too. It's a real shame Vaistech doesn't make adapters for our LS400s.

The only thing that I have seen that remotely works is an FM transmitter. That is, assuming you don't want to go to the trouble of removing the head unit, which I don't.

Is there another way to add MP3 capability to the stock Nak unit? I have seen the cassette mp3 players as well, and tried one 3 or 4 years ago. It was garbage. Worked less than 1/2 the time.

I'd love to be able to pull a wire or two loose from the dash, and tap in by soldering in an 1/8" stereo input jack, but I think that's beyond me unless someone knows of a tutorial somewhere...