Just Bought A 2006 Gs300

Hello.. I just purchased a 2006 GS300 AWD, black/tan, with 27,000 miles, fully loaded with Navigation/Mark Levinson, parking sensors, etc. I got it from a mercedes/Bentley dealer who had it cause someone traded it in for a Merc. I paid $30,500, with an out the door price of about 31,500 (including tags, taxes, fees). They wanted $34k. I think I got an awesome deal. never been in an accident, paint was clean, except for some minor chips in the front.

I do have to take it in to Lexus to check on the Sunroof (one click open does not seem to work, i have to keep the Open button pressed), and I guess the side mirrors should go down when reversing...they don't.

I used to have the 2002 GS 300, but the newer model is so much better.

Hello.. I just purchased a 2006 GS300 AWD, black/tan, with 27,000 miles, fully loaded with Navigation/Mark Levinson, parking sensors, etc. I got it from a mercedes/Bentley dealer who had it cause someone traded it in for a Merc. I paid $30,500, with an out the door price of about 31,500 (including tags, taxes, fees). They wanted $34k. I think I got an awesome deal. never been in an accident, paint was clean, except for some minor chips in the front.

I do have to take it in to Lexus to check on the Sunroof (one click open does not seem to work, i have to keep the Open button pressed), and I guess the side mirrors should go down when reversing...they don't.

well, i just bought the same car, with about 20,000 miles, and paid $35,500. Mine was flawless (ok i had to take it in to get the A-pillar rattle fixed, but that was warranty work), you literally cannot tell from new. But, still i shelled out $5000 more, so either I got ripped off, or you got an unreal deal. BTW I cannot find that exact car for less than $38 - 40k on autotrader. Also, if you run it through edmunds you'll get a TMV price from the dealer of around $40,000.

Hope there's nothing wrong with it, those early problems with the sunroof/mirrors are not a good sign. Once these cars start to deteriorate, they are insanely complex/expensive to fix. And some of them just never seem to be quite right.

Bummer about the sunroof, but it should still be under warranty for you. As for the side mirrors in reverse, in order to have them point down, you have to make sure that you have one of the mirrors selected. So, open up the access panel to the left of the steering wheel and make sure that either the L or the R light is lit up for mirror movement. Then put it in reverse and the mirrors should go down. If they don't, get them replaced...should also be under warranty.

I have just over 26k miles on mine and had them replaced for free last week.

--Duckman

do you have the Radar cruise / pre collision system too?

No...I don't have that option. Another option I don't have is the rear sunshade...i see the button on the left panel, but it does nothing when I press it.

I'll take it to the dealer soon to get the sunroof looked at.

Duckman: Thanks for the tip on the side mirrors, now that I think about, I did read that in the manual, but forgot about it. I'll try that out in the morning.

No...I don't have that option. Another option I don't have is the rear sunshade...i see the button on the left panel, but it does nothing when I press it.

Yeah - they added buttons to the access panel, even if they do nothing. For instance, I have a button for head light washer fluid, but I do not have the needed reservoirs for spraying the headlights. I also have a button for the parking assist, but I don't have the parking assist option.

I guess they decided to create the access panels with all of the buttons, rather than customize them to the specific needs of the car.

--Duckman

I went in to the local Lexus dealer to have them take a look at the sunroof cause I had to keep the Open button pressed for it to pen completely.

I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. The service guy opened and closed the sunroof in some sequence a few times, and it programmed the buttons to be one-click open and close. How cool.

He didn't even create a ticket or anything. Just 'fixed' it right there in the parking lot. Great service.

This price HAS to include a trade. You cannot find a mint '06 GS 300 AWD with 27k and ML / Nav heated / cooled seats/ rear sunshade/ AFS / Headlight washers / Moonroof / etc etc etc for less than $38,000 ANYwhere online.

I hate message boards, just loaded with people making unsubstantiated claims about ridiculous deals that are either completely false or leave out very important parts of the story.

This price HAS to include a trade. You cannot find a mint '06 GS 300 AWD with 27k and ML / Nav heated / cooled seats/ rear sunshade/ AFS / Headlight washers / Moonroof / etc etc etc for less than $38,000 ANYwhere online.

I hate message boards, just loaded with people making unsubstantiated claims about ridiculous deals that are either completely false or leave out very important parts of the story.

Sorry you feel so strongly/negativley about the price I paid for the car...there was no trade involved..it was a clean purchase from a Mercedes dealer, and FYI, in the DC/VA area (where I bought this), there were several 2006 GSs with similar options for around 32K. Private sellers for $31k. So, seriously, have a drink...relax...no need to get so annoyed.

National Base Price $27,693 $30,044 $31,818

Optional Equipment $4,194 $4,520 $5,295

Headlight Cleaners $170 $184 $215

Rear Parking Sensors $272 $294 $344

Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers $238 $257 $301

Mark Levinson Audio $614 $661 $775

Ventilated Front Seats $99 $107 $125

Navigation System $750 $808 $947

Rear View Camera $546 $588 $689

Power Glass Sunroof $496 $534 $626

AM/FM/Cassette/CD-DVD Changer Audio System $191 $206 $241

Power Rear Sunshade $105 $113 $132

Rear Spoiler $99 $107 $125

DVD Entertainment System $614 $661 $775

Color Adjustment

Black $50 $54 $57

Regional Adjustment

for Zip Code xxxxxx $-85 $-92 $-98

Mileage Adjustment

27,000 miles $55 $55 $55

Condition Adjustment

Clean $0 $0 $0

Total $31,907 $34,581 $37,127

There are The bottom line totals for your particular GS are Trade In/Private Party/ Dealer Retail

You're telling us that you got your car for less than Trade In?

Links? I've never seen any gs300 awd with under 30k miles, and ML Nav etc etc for less than $38 large. Just sayin'. Like I said, i had to pay $35,500 for my similar G (with 20k miles) so i guess I got screwed. :huh:

Geez. Can't believe I'm actually replying to your message again.

saw this one...didn't care for the color combo..so didn't negotiate. it did have about 33k miles though.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/768630192.html

considered this one too...28k miles, beautiful interior, all options, with dark walnut wood. I got a better deal at the other dealer instead.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/car/766153852.html

fyi..the Merc dealer had posted my car for $38k, I offered $30k. Considering they only sell Mercs and Bentley's, they wanted to get rid of the Lexus, and so settled at $30,500. I guess I got lucky.

Satisfied?

Color Adjustment

Black $50 $54 $57

Regional Adjustment

Mileage Adjustment

27,000 miles $55 $55 $55

Condition Adjustment

Clean $0 $0 $0

There are The bottom line totals for your particular GS are Trade In/Private Party/ Dealer Retail

Greetings-

I just purchased a gs 300 2006 in mint condition from a dealer last Friday. I paid 34k for mine-no trade-in. Gold color, cashmere interior, AWD, 23,000 miles, NAV, backup camera, satelite ready,bluetooth,rear screen, heated/air conditioned seats, sunroof, spoiler, etc. My credit union even told me I had a great deal. The car looks like new off the show room floor. I am really enjoying my car. I plan to have it for a long while! I usually average 8-10 years keeping a car.

• 5 weeks later...
Greetings-

I just purchased a gs 300 2006 in mint condition from a dealer last Friday. I paid 34k for mine-no trade-in. Gold color, cashmere interior, AWD, 23,000 miles, NAV, backup camera, satelite ready,bluetooth,rear screen, heated/air conditioned seats, sunroof, spoiler, etc. My credit union even told me I had a great deal. The car looks like new off the show room floor. I am really enjoying my car. I plan to have it for a long while! I usually average 8-10 years keeping a car.

almost went for a 430 05 3 months ago but..

I love the new body style..I found a RED 06'300/tan for 32k with 36mi. ML/nav/Xm/sunshade, vent seats, no radar, but otherwise loaded. I balked because the bumper had been resprayed by them to get it to "certified condition" haha..why do they do this it looks like ther'y hiding something..i saw several cars like this on the lot... But It had a clear carfax and didnt look bad but i just was hesitant about it possibly not matching even worse in the sun in the next two years come sell time...also ITS a leased car that had its brakes done 3?! times..Is this still a great deal based on the prices u guys have seen this aug at month end? Its the RWD....am i crazy to walk on it?? I was looking at and it thinking "will i regret not getting a 07 350 loaded w/10k less mi. for 5k more"? its not a lease back it was private owned, traded, an bought there serviced there etc.Its black, which i couldnt care less about color. Im going back tomo and have to make a decis. by friday am latest via deposit, so any input would be greatly appreciated guys. I really thank YOU GUYS ALOT if you care to add your 2cents.. I value this board way more than any other mags/sites ive read the last 9 months in looking...also any pros or cons on the 300 vs 350 other than HP of course...maybe? you think the 300 will not hold its value as well as the 350 is my only fear...or that theyr both newer motors either way..THanks guys

Go test drive the 350, you will never look at another 300 again :)

Thanks Gman! Im heading down there in about 30 mins.. I'll post back to let you know what happens. The 350 is loaded sans the radar, and park assist but has the nav/ML, shade, spoiler,XM,18'....its going to run me 36,900 for Cpo OR 35,900 + tax,title and dealer fee or course..IF he takes the cpo "off".. He said its already cpo'd and recon'd with new tires, brakes, etc so no real price break just and extra yr of the warranty and up to 100k mi's total. but its still just a 3 yr warranty..DO i even need it? The the car is only 11 months old and has 24k mi's!? SO in 26k im outta of factory bumper to bumper...I just wasent planning on spending 37k on a GS. I started at 32 as my cap.. now im really far from that with the 350 but I know when i drive it im going to HAVE to have it and was just trying to control my costs. Am i crazy to pass on the cpo for only one more grand?? Do you think 37k is fair for a 11 month old cpo loaded 350? I was just thinking I could have the 300 for 31.500 CPO and get the 18's and exaust or something but nothing will ever make up that torque I know....I couldnt sleep debating this last night!

gsnoles. how many miles a year do you drive. 26K miles is 3 years for me :) You can always buy a extended warranty when you are at about 50K miles. There is a guy on the internet selling a 7 year 100,000 miles lexus warranty for the GS at about $2000. The 350 sounds like a better deal since it has ML and nav and $35900 is a good price. Almost too good, I would do some research on that car before you write out the check.

Well get some sleep and then let us know what you decide.

update-SO with mixed emotions and about an hour of dealer time...I walked away today on the car... The 350 did NOT have the M.Lev/DVD. Gman was correct it WAS almost too good to be true. The dealer told me there was no room for nego any further. I thought it had it all except the radar and park assist...I starred at the order form with the check from my credit union in my hand for 34k for about 5 mins straight without even looking up at the dealer... knowing I had to pay the balance 6k in cash...I then tried to nego. the sale w/ the CPO for 36,500...based on the fact that the only options I was actually getting was the nav (approx. $1800) on the window sticker and the 18' wheels (900)? and vent seats at 200 roughly...Xm and sunshade. I fell in love with the M.lev in the other 300 I drove..I love music and I drive alot...Otherwise the car was clean, a few paint chips and touch ups but no signs of body work, and the wheels were not curbed or anything like that. It was about perfect for a car with 24k mi.. the guy did drive it 24k in 9 months and traded it in..which I founf odd...But I do drive a bit myself and take road trips so I basically couldnt take not getting the the extra miles via cpo. With the CPO out the door it was going to run 40k total.. Which I simply felt was out of my price range. I originally wanted to spend about 32k-33k and I was hoping to get a cpo 300 for that. But the 350 was awesome. Now I dont know that i can NOT have it. It was very responsive and had a ton of torque. I took the car up to 90 on I75 an it was so effortless...and responsive in mid range too. The 300 is so refined that it feels like its not nearly as fast although I know I will probably never use all the power in the 350 its just so nice to have that grunt.. 0-60 at 6.8 isnt bad for the 300 at all, but compared to the 5.7 in the 350 it felt big today..I dont know what to do..maybe I'll broaden my search and hope to find a private party sale and even travel if I must to get the 350 I want, for what I can afford.. but 39k out the door for a used car with about a year of warr. was just too much for me w/o the Lev..Gman was right now that I drove the 350 im smitten. Im coming out of a 300 hp car right now..so the 300 as great a car as it is, just didnt light my fire like like the 350 did today..I will continue my seach on Tuesday when I get back to the states..and give you guys a shout. Thanks for all your help guys...the LOC is a great community, and I look forward to trading insights soon when I can proudly call myself a 350 owner.

-GS

THE REASON YOU ARE GETTING SUCH A GOOD DEAL ON THE 2006 GS 300 IS BECAUSE THEY EAT TIRES REAL FAST AND CAN'T BE ALIGNED, TIRES ARE CUPPED OUT WITHIN 7000 MILES AND SOUND LIKE A TRUCK. I HAVE AN 06 REAR WHEEL DRIVE WITH 31,000 MILES AND ON MY THIRD SET OF TIRES! I HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT BRANDS OF TIRES ALSO. I TALKED THE 2 DIFFERENT DEALERS AND THEY SAID THE 06 IS KNOWN FOR HAVING THIS PROBLEM. CHECK THE INSIDE EDGE OF YOUR TIRES AND YOU WILL SEE HOW THEY ARE WEARING... GOOD LUCK

Color Adjustment

Black $50 $54 $57

Regional Adjustment

Mileage Adjustment

27,000 miles $55 $55 $55

Condition Adjustment

Clean $0 $0 $0

THE REASON YOU ARE GETTING SUCH A GOOD DEAL ON THE 2006 GS 300 IS BECAUSE THEY EAT TIRES REAL FAST AND CAN'T BE ALIGNED, TIRES ARE CUPPED OUT WITHIN 7000 MILES AND SOUND LIKE A TRUCK. I HAVE AN 06 REAR WHEEL DRIVE WITH 31,000 MILES AND ON MY THIRD SET OF TIRES! I HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT BRANDS OF TIRES ALSO. I TALKED THE 2 DIFFERENT DEALERS AND THEY SAID THE 06 IS KNOWN FOR HAVING THIS PROBLEM. CHECK THE INSIDE EDGE OF YOUR TIRES AND YOU WILL SEE HOW THEY ARE WEARING... GOOD LUCK

HOLBY: STOP YELLING

Funny, I am not seeing this, at least not with the 2006 GS300 AWD. I purchased mine in May with 30k miles on it and the original Dunlops. There are no signs of cupping and the tires have even wear across all tread. To boot, they even have 6/32 of tread left (thats alot for 30k miles). I even had it algined by the dealer when I put on a second set of 18" wheels.

steviej

Well get some sleep and then let us know what you decide.

UPDATE- Ok so its tough to find a 350 I can afford ive decided..However..I really want the power..The compromise I think I have found may be a 2006 430 V8..wr do you guys stand on the old v8 vs. the 350? any downside to the 430 of MAJOR concern? I found one with 19,000 mi. in the color I want with most of the options I want..Its not a certified car however, but I suppose I can buy a warr. like gman suggested if i need it down the road. With that being said..if you had to peg a fair price on a 430 with 19k mi and nav, sport susp, ML, what do you guys think is a good price? Its coming from a benz dealer where my family has purchased 3 cars from the same guy in last 4 yrs..SO I want to work him a bit..

Is 34-34.5k fair? Can I do better? Is it worth saving the 2-3 grand on a one yr older "top of the line" car in the 430 w/5k less miles than a 07 350 with the nav as the ONLY real option that was driven 24k in 9 mo's??

Understand that Im really at my MAX at 34k on a car...Thoughts are appreciated by all as always..Im going to have to make a decision within a week or so since my lease is about over. I Dont want to start a 430 vs. 350 war on the board but I really want to know all your opinions good or bad..Thanks fellas.