Synch Iphone With Rx400h

For about the last five hours, I've been trying to get my new iphone 3G to connect via Blue Tooth to my Rx400h? Can anyone tell me how to do this? this is my experience so far?

On the RX400h:

1. Press Info

2. Press Telephone

3. Press Settings

4. Press Bluetooth

5. Press Register

At this point, I see a message: Please make a connection from Telephone (what does that mean?)

On the iPhone:

1. Tap Settings

2. Tap General

3. Tap Bluetooth

4. Tap On.

5. Also, under General Settings, 7th row down, you see Passcode Lock.

a. Tap Passcode Lock to view the Set Pass Code Window.

b. In the Passcode Window, enter 1 1 1 1

The "Connect Bluetooth" screen on my Rx400H says "Connecting- Please make a connection from Telephone. I also see an instruction that reads, "Input Pass Key into Telephone." But I've already done this several times. Finally, I see a message that reads,'Bluetooth connection Failed. Please check the Pass Key and the settings of the telephone." Arrrgh

Can anyone help??

Keith G

The iPhone, at this time, supports only two of the 27 existing Bluetooth profiles.

Currently supported are:

Hands-Free Profile (HFP)

Headset Profile (HSP)

Don't know the versions but you can google it...

The RX400h system will only operate with phones enabled with compatible Bluetooth™ wireless technology (HFP [Hands Free Profile] v1.0 and OPP [Object Push Profile] v1.1 international standards

For about the last five hours, I've been trying to get my new iphone 3G to connect via Blue Tooth to my Rx400h? Can anyone tell me how to do this? this is my experience so far?

On the RX400h:

1. Press Info

2. Press Telephone

3. Press Settings

4. Press Bluetooth

5. Press Register

At this point, I see a message: Please make a connection from Telephone (what does that mean?)

On the iPhone:

1. Tap Settings

2. Tap General

3. Tap Bluetooth

4. Tap On.

The "Connect Bluetooth" screen on my Rx400H says "Connecting- Please make a connection from Telephone. I also see an instruction that reads, "Input Pass Key into Telephone." But I've already done this several times. Finally, I see a message that reads,'Bluetooth connection Failed. Please check the Pass Key and the settings of the telephone." Arrrgh

Can anyone help??

Keith G

Did you select which phone you want to use on your RX? If you had it set up previously for another phone, it might still look for that phone.

MY iPhone 3G works perfectly with the RX.

On the RX400h:

1. Press Info

2. Press Telephone

3. Press Settings

4. Press Bluetooth

5. Press Register

On the iPhone:

1. Tap Settings

2. Tap General

3. Tap Bluetooth

4. Tap On.

Can anyone help??

Keith G

I am having the exact same problem. Were you able to get it to work and if so how?

Thanks,

Jerome

I just did exactly what I did with my previous iPhone, following the steps on the screen, and it worked immediately.

On the RX400h:

1. Press Info

2. Press Telephone

3. Press Settings

4. Press Bluetooth

5. Press Register

On the iPhone:

1. Tap Settings

2. Tap General

3. Tap Bluetooth

4. Tap On.

Can anyone help??

Keith G

Have you figured it out? I did set up my partners new iPhone yesterday and it worked just fine. Check if both the Lexus and the iPhone are trying to communicate with each other and not with another bluetooth equipped item in the neighbourhood. Like a headset or other phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

for my 2006

press info

press phone

press bluetooth

you can go to settings and change your pass code and name

go back to bluetooth

press add phone

this shoud bring you the the pass code screen where you have to press the passcode on your iphone.

for your iphone

go to settings

go to general

go to bluetooth

it should be on and then it should start to pair.

i dont have the iphone 3g. just the older one but it should be the same for the iphone but never seen the telephone thing before. but i hope this help somehow.

• 10 years later...
On 6/23/2019 at 3:55 PM, Hoosier Home Girl said:

Anybody know why settings button is grayed out on my telephone screen?  

That's quite a vague question.  You might be more specific about your phone type and which settings button you are referring to.