Turbo

cb124

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Instead of buying a kit, you should look for the parts of a turbo kit from different manufacturers and purchase them seperately to mkae sure you get the best of the best for each part. You really don't want to cheap out a turbo application because it's just going to screw you over in the end if that's what you choose to do.

You may want to check this out too. A good guy over at ClubLexus installed his own turbo and did it step by step with instructions and pictures. Seems like a great guy. Give it a read.

JeffTsai Turbo Install

hey people i have a question on the turbo i am new to lexus and i was wondering what is a good turbo size,how much psi, and what type of fuel tuning is required. is the a point that i dont need to tune to for example below 8 psi or do you have to tune after install thanks

hey people i have a question on the turbo i am new to lexus and i was wondering what is a good turbo size,how much psi, and what type of fuel tuning is required. is the a point that i dont need to tune to for example below 8 psi or do you have to tune after install thanks

Well you can get the XSPower kit and use a Apexi Neo and still use your stock ecu and injectors but need a boost controller to keep you under wraps to about 7psi...The SRT kit is a complete kit that has everything you need included alot of IS guys run the SRT kit

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

for the GS go with HKS. very expensive but very reliable. HKS is a very reputable company and they sell complete kits.

for the LS you have to custom build one. not enough LS owners are interested in turbo and the 1st gen is and old car so there probly will not be a kit unless someone builds one. go to lextreme.com so check out his build.