Noisey Tires In Less Than 7,000mi New Gs300

WE BOUGHT THE GS300 RWD NEW IN 2006 FOR MY WIFE AND AFTER 7,000MI THE STOCK YOKO TIRES WHERE MAKING ALOT OF NOISE, WE TOOK IT TO THE DEALER (LEXUS OF KENDEL) AND THEY SAID IT WAS DEFECTIVE TIRES (THEY WHERE CUPPING). OK FINE, THEY WOULD GIVE ME THE TIRES FOR FREE BUT I HAD TO PAY TO MOUNT AND BALANCE THEM AT OVER $350, I EVEN CALLED CA. THE HOME OFFICE AND THEY COULD DO ANYTHING EITHER. I TOLD THEM TO STICK IT AND I TOOK MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE, ACE TIRE OF MIAMI AND PUT A NEW SET OF SUMITOMO HTRZ II ON WITH NEW 18" CHROME TRD (TOYOTO RACE DIVISION) RIM'S THAT I HAD PURCHASED TO PUT ON ONCE THE FIRST SET OF TIRES WORE OUT, LITTLE DID I KNOW IT WOULD BE SO SOON. ANOTHER 7,00MI LATER THE CAR STARTS MAKING ROAD NOISE AGAIN. I TAKE THE CAR BACK TO LEXUS AND OF COURSE THERE ANSWER WAS I HAD DEFECTIVE TIRES AGAIN, WHAT'S THE ODDS RIGHT, NOT!!!!! I WENT BACK TO ACE TIRE AND HE LOOKED AT THE TIRES AND SAID THE CAR WAS CAUSING THE TIRE TO CUP NOT A TIRE DEFECT... I TOOK THE CAR TO ANOTHER TIRE SHOP IN MEBOURNE, FL WHERE I MOVED AND NOW THE TIRES BACK TIRES ARE WEARING OUT THE INSIDE OF THE TIRES AND THE MECHANIC SAID THERE IS NO WAY TO ADJUST THE ALIGNMENT ON THIS CAR.... THAT SAME DAY TOOK THE CAR TO THE LEXUS DEALER IN MELBOURE AND HE SAID THE GS IS KNOWN FOR THIS AND AGREED THAT THEY DON'T ALIGN THEM. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THESE TIRE ISSUE AND HOW DID YOU FIX IT????? I HAVE 29,000 MI ON THE CAR AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A TRUCK!

THANKS, PS: THIS WILL BE MY LAST LEXUS

RON

Ron,

Please turn off your CAPS when posting....it's considered shouting.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with your GS......I personally have not heard of not being able to do a proper wheel alignment on the GS (although I have heard that the GS model can be hard on tires)...but I am sure others here will offer assistance. Good luck.

:cheers:

My old BMW use to do the samething, the inside of the tires wears out faster, thats due to the negetive camber. Sports car usually have some degree of negetive camber built in to improve cornering. The inside of the tire will wear out a bit faster, thats normal. If you lower your suspension or like to push your car hard around corners, the inside will wear out faster.