Audi A5 Test Drive

I have been thinking my next ride may be the new Audi A5. Those babies are beautiful! A local dealer got one in and I test drove it the other day. He was extremely excited about pointing out all the features...till he saw my current car (2006 IS 350). I drove it and was incredibly disappointed. Unbelievably sluggish (the 350 would blow it out of the water) and the interior was not nearly as polished. I still want to drive the S5 when it comes out later this year...but we're talking major price jump.

Overall, the experience REALLY made me re-appreciate the Lexus. I got back in my 350, turned on Power ECT mode and peeled out of there. B)

post-38569-1216599767_thumb.jpg

The S5 came out first... it has been around for quite a while...

from a Sep'07 Autoblog article:

..."You can check out all the options in the press release after the jump, and expect the manual equipped S5s to arrive at dealers in November, while the A5, A5 automatic and S5 automatic will be available in spring of '08.

[source: Audi]"...

I have been thinking my next ride may be the new Audi A5. Those babies are beautiful! A local dealer got one in and I test drove it the other day. He was extremely excited about pointing out all the features...till he saw my current car (2006 IS 350). I drove it and was incredibly disappointed. Unbelievably sluggish (the 350 would blow it out of the water) and the interior was not nearly as polished. I still want to drive the S5 when it comes out later this year...but we're talking major price jump.

Overall, the experience REALLY made me re-appreciate the Lexus. I got back in my 350, turned on Power ECT mode and peeled out of there. B)

post-38569-1216599767_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the A5 only has 265 hp, its a nice looking car, but 265hp, c'mon. I know the S5 is the fast one, but they could've made the base A5 closer to 300hp. Oh well, that's why we have the IS350.

Those A5 and S5 coupes look pretty awesome though.