Vent Visor Pics

I received the vent visors that I bought on eBay and they are really great. I can actually drive with my passenger window down four inches without the odd wind tornadoes inside the car that I had always experienced. They were a total of a little over $28 including all four, shipping and since it was a California vendor,tax as well. Anyway, I didn't like the back visors so I opted not to put them on. They are very streamlined and quiet. So far I'm happy. I love the fact that I can actually drive with the windows partially down now....anyway, you might notice the chrome headlight trim as well and of course, my nifty front lip and GREAT Toyo tires. The tires are 255/55/18 so they fill the well just a wee bit more but look much better and that wee bit more made a big difference. Notice, no roof rack.

OK here are the latest...as you can see, I'm fickle...I now have all four visors on! Oy Vey...I crack myself up. I figure I'll live with them a few days and decide whether to keep the rears on or not. I now like them! Ayayayee...what am I going to do with me? So now everyone can see,if you are even interested in the visors, if you like them or not or if you want just the fronts...etc. Thanks to silly me you can pick...or not. Rey

post-26996-1216436999_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216437018_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216437038_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216506127_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216506160_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216506331_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216506350_thumb.jpg

I received the vent visors that I got on eBay and they are really great. I can actually drive with my passenger window down four inches without the odd wind tornadoes inside the car that I had always experienced. They were a total of a little over $28 including all four, shipping and since it was a California vendor,tax as well. Anyway, I didn't like the back visors so I opted not to put them on. They are very streamlined and quiet. So far I'm happy. I love the fact that I can actually drive with the windows partially down now....anyway, you might notice the chrome headlight trim as well and of course, my nifty front lip and GREAT Toyo tires. The tires are 255/55/18 so they fill the well just a wee bit more but look much better and that wee bit more made a big difference.

Do these fit up inside grove where the window is or do the stick on the outside?

Can you post a close up picture?

Lenny

I received the vent visors that I got on eBay and they are really great. I can actually drive with my passenger window down four inches without the odd wind tornadoes inside the car that I had always experienced. They were a total of a little over $28 including all four, shipping and since it was a California vendor,tax as well. Anyway, I didn't like the back visors so I opted not to put them on. They are very streamlined and quiet. So far I'm happy. I love the fact that I can actually drive with the windows partially down now....anyway, you might notice the chrome headlight trim as well and of course, my nifty front lip and GREAT Toyo tires. The tires are 255/55/18 so they fill the well just a wee bit more but look much better and that wee bit more made a big difference.

Do these fit up inside grove where the window is or do the stick on the outside?

Can you post a close up picture?

Lenny

Outside. I know that there are different types but for the price,under $30, I had to give them a try. I'm happy with them and if there's something that comes up, I'll post that too. I will post close ups. I think some people won't like the outside fit type that I got but I don't mind. They look good and after I post close ups then anyone interested can decide for themselves. Rey

How's the handling with those Toyo tires? I have the original Michelins, and their performance in wet weather, which is a major concern in Florida, is terrible. I recall having Toyos on a different car a number of years ago that handled very well on wet ground.

I live in L.A. so rain is infrequent but I can tell you that the first rain after I bought them I paid very close attention to the ride and they were fabulous! Really. It's easy for me to buy something, not like it and try something else but I will get these again. But as I said, I am no expert on tires in different weather conditions. It's never extreme here and I am never in snow nor a lot of rain. BUT...and this is a big but...when it does rain here it is different than many other places and more dangerous due to accumulation of rubber,oil,stuff on the highways and streets so I especially liked how well the Toyos handled in those conditions. My 400h came with the Good Years which are the worst so I only have that to compare it to but it was a blessing in disguise to have had to replace those tires in the first year and got the Toyos. Hope this helped...oh by the way, I am so glad that I got the visors on my side windows. They have really made a nice difference and even at 80 MPH I haven't noticed ANY sound difference and in the slower speeds, it's actually reduced. The only thing that is on the con side is that my drivers side visor has created a blind spot but I have gotten used to it. It warps the view when I look towards the post,like when someone is crossing the street. Rey

I think she looks good Rey :cheers:

Thanks. I know that there are better fitting types but I wanted to try these since they were so inexpensive and so far they have been fabulous. If someone posts close ups of the $200 visors and I like them a whole lot better, maybe I'll get them but for a total of less than $30, I couldn't pass these up. As I said, it came with the rear door visors as well but I didn't like the way they looked overall. Rey

How's the handling with those Toyo tires? I have the original Michelins, and their performance in wet weather, which is a major concern in Florida, is terrible. I recall having Toyos on a different car a number of years ago that handled very well on wet ground.

Be sure to check out the reviews of the Bridgestone Alenzas here and on Tire Rack. I had the same complaint w/my Michelins and absolutely love the Alenzas. They are quiet, smooth, and offer excellent performance in both dry and wet conditions. After I purchased them, I deliberately drove through puddles and rain-soaked roads at high speed-no hydroplaning whatsoever! Happy shopping!

Rey-Vent Visors really compliment your design-congrats!!

Be sure to check out the reviews of the Bridgestone Alenzas here and on Tire Rack. I had the same complaint w/my Michelins and absolutely love the Alenzas. They are quiet, smooth, and offer excellent performance in both dry and wet conditions. After I purchased them, I deliberately drove through puddles and rain-soaked roads at high speed-no hydroplaning whatsoever! Happy shopping!

Rey-Vent Visors really compliment your design-congrats!!

Thanks so very much. The good thing about 3M tape is that it is very secure but it can be taken off so if I don't like them for whatever reason, they are off baby! But I love them right now.

About tires...... yes, I knew a lot about the Alenzas and have heard only good things. I also know that Tire Rack doesn't have any reviews on any Toyo tires because they don't sell them so I looked them up and they got even better reviews than the Alenzas but I know that they are both amazing tires. I simply made my decision between the two....drum roll please...on looks! I also know that some people don't like the more aggressive look of the Toyo S/Ts...but then, that's why we all wear different clothes,shoes,etc! Thanks again...I think that at this point I would get the Toyos again but the only other choice for me would be the Alenzas. Thanks and be well my friend. Rey

post-26996-1216508949_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of the inside-fitting models. Unfortunately, even though the window looked like it rolled all the way up, the "smart" window-closing sensor decided that there was something in the way and would roll the windows back down again.

I asked the lexus tech, and they said they didn't know how to disable this feature...

BTW, do you have the model of these and/or an ebay pointer if you are happy w/them?

I got my FIRST set from ebay with a place named REN-SPORT...they were fine but one of the visors I later noticed wasn't as nice as the other three, it was a little warped and wavy....I went back and forth with these guys, sent pics...even OFFERED to buy the one and pay for shipping. I didn't hear from them again so I went with another ebayer, "ezplus" and they were awesome. Same set of four $19.95 "Buy it Now" price as opposed to the $9.95 from Ren Auto..., this brand is "JDM" different brand than the first pair, but identical! So in essence, I bought four more just to replace one defective one! I was OK with that,it all seemed a good price to me. These guys were great, they got them to me lickety-split and they were perfect. So now I have three new ones as back up. I liked them so much that I decided to get the sunroof visor from WeatherTech from another ebayer and I am really very happy with all of the visors, side windows and sun roof. I can now drive with the sun roof back without all of the noise that I hated before...just go on eBay and type in "Lexus RX vent visors". They were listed as, " Lexus RX330 vent visors by JDM, 2004-2006" from "ezplus2003" and of course the 330 is identical to the 350 and 400h as far as windows are concerned,up to 2008,even 2009. Anyway, get them, they are fab! Yes, I don't mind that they adhere to the outside...doesn't bother me one bit. They look great,my car looks great and they don't have any way of interfering with the windows. When I had to take the defective one off, 3M tape is reversible so it doesn't damage the finish at all if you take them off for whatever reason. The roof one attaches even better, with screws that are placed into another piece that sits in the channel, the shield/visor is in between the piece in the channel and the screw. So any time that you even wanted to take off the roof shield/visor for whatever reason,you simply unscrew it and the car is exactly the same as before! I was scared when I saw the screws(two) in the package until I realized they don't screw into the car at all. The sunroof slides the same as before, no problem. As I said, the side visors were "Buy it now" for $19.95 but they WILL go down to $15 if you offer them $15.! The roof visor I believe was about $60...anyway, I am really jazzed with them all. Even at 80mph,they are the same as when I didn't have them! No matter what anyone says and I am driving the same distance on a tank of gas...but I've only had them one tank! But regardless, I love them. Let us all know if you get some and post pictures. Have fun, Rey

I cast my vote for the front and rears vs only the fronts Rey!

Yes, I like them more now than when I put them on and I do agree that it looks great with all four. Thanks. I know the stuff that I add on isn't for everyone, but that's why this forum is so nifty. Everyone gets to express themselves and if anyone was interested in adding anything to their RX, it's good to see pictures from a fellow owner and their opinions on the items.

To date I got:

Front bumper lip, side chrome nerf bars, Toyo 255/55 18 tires,side visors, sunroof wind deflector,I had to add the wooden steering wheel...That's it.

anyway, it's all fun stuff. Remember, it was only last year that my car was dowsed with acid and had to get a complete strip down and repaint job along with all of the plastic trim that had to be replaced...so I am just glad that I have that all behind me now! Happy trails, Rey

• 4 years later...