Removing Oil From My Paint

I live in the middle of nowhere, Illinois. Out here each summer we enjoy the thrill of having our roads graded to dirt and repaved using the most nomadic of materials to do so. This year the roads haven't been re-done yet. However, they are turning in to basically just straight tar. This oil gets on your car and is damn near impossible to get off without literally hours of cleaning. So what I'm wondering is if anyone knows of a quick way to get this oil to come off of the paint. It does come off with typical car soap and water, but it takes intense rubbing and cleaning to get the job done (spent 3 hours today on one quarter panel). Keep in mind, it's not like there's a ton of oil all over the car, it just looks dirty and personally, I like to keep my ride clean. I appreciate any suggestions.

I live in the middle of nowhere, Illinois. Out here each summer we enjoy the thrill of having our roads graded to dirt and repaved using the most nomadic of materials to do so. This year the roads haven't been re-done yet. However, they are turning in to basically just straight tar. This oil gets on your car and is damn near impossible to get off without literally hours of cleaning. So what I'm wondering is if anyone knows of a quick way to get this oil to come off of the paint. It does come off with typical car soap and water, but it takes intense rubbing and cleaning to get the job done (spent 3 hours today on one quarter panel). Keep in mind, it's not like there's a ton of oil all over the car, it just looks dirty and personally, I like to keep my ride clean. I appreciate any suggestions.

if it's just road oil and not Tar then pre wax cleaners for Mothers or Meguires should do the trick. I think this solution was discussed in either the Show and Shine or Detailing and Care Care forums.

3m makes a great product called tar and adhesive remover that is clear coat safe. I get it from Griot's Garage, but I'm sure you can get it elsewhere.