Straight Piping And O2 Sensors

I was wondering if my check engine light will come on if I were to straight pipe my SC? Please don't talk about how much trouble I could get in or how it is illegal. I live in a town with 500 people and my best friend's father is the sheriff and he doesn't even have a catalytic converter.lol I would just like to know the answer to this question. Thank you, Isaac

Hello Isaac,

I am in ND, so the cats are 'optional here too'. LOL

You need to keep the front sensors, they are for the 'puter(ECM) to see how the engine is running.

http://www.o2simulator.com/index.php?main_...;products_id=10

I have used these on my Dodge Ram to tell the 'puter the cats are ok, even though there are none now. Talk about waking up a pickup truck.

I am thinking of getting rid of them also, sometime down the road. Got to love the ag states with no testing.

Hello Isaac,

I am in ND, so the cats are 'optional here too'. LOL

You need to keep the front sensors, they are for the 'puter(ECM) to see how the engine is running.

http://www.o2simulator.com/index.php?main_...;products_id=10

I have used these on my Dodge Ram to tell the 'puter the cats are ok, even though there are none now. Talk about waking up a pickup truck.

I am thinking of getting rid of them also, sometime down the road. Got to love the ag states with no testing.

The Cat(s) can't be an option, it's a Federal mandate to have one. So neither Dakotas are enforcing the law by police?

So how many o2 simulators are being used?

UCF3

They are not optional anywhere. It is kind of a joke because we won't get in trouble like most states "optional."jk Many agricultural states don't enforce this law like states like California, NY etc.. Ya, I was also wondering how many simulators are needed?

Oh, I figured it would be the case. So, where are those EPA guys when you need them :whistles:

I'd start with the two up front first and see if the code comes on after your test drive.

You will need the two O2 sensors up front for the ECM, no getting around this. But you can use simulators to pretend to be the back two sensors, all they do is tell the ecm that the cats are working.