Check Engine Light On Gs300

Please help! I've got a "check engine" and "VSC Off" lights on. It happened after I fuel my car and overfill it with a gas. So car idling uneven. Diagnostic from AutoZone says P0174 and P0171 and it says If bank one and bank two set together suspect a fuel condition or MAF sensor fault.

Also it says it could be -Failed H02S21 (what is is?); -Ignition missfire; -Fuel injection problem; -Oxygen sensor defective;

Please help to figure out where to look first! I only have a problem when gas tank overfiled. Maybe I need to check gas pump firs to check filter and so on?

• 3 months later...
Please help! I've got a "check engine" and "VSC Off" lights on. It happened after I fuel my car and overfill it with a gas. So car idling uneven. Diagnostic from AutoZone says P0174 and P0171 and it says If bank one and bank two set together suspect a fuel condition or MAF sensor fault.

Also it says it could be -Failed H02S21 (what is is?); -Ignition missfire; -Fuel injection problem; -Oxygen sensor defective;

Please help to figure out where to look first! I only have a problem when gas tank overfiled. Maybe I need to check gas pump firs to check filter and so on?

Hello,

I am a newbie to the forum. I have a 2001 GS 300, which seems underpowered. The car idles rough and shifting is delayed as the car accelerates--I believe because there is a mismatch between what the computer measures as the engine power and what it expects based upon throttle position and RPM.

Like microsup, I too have P0171 and P0174 codes (System Too Lean Banks 1 & 2). I also have a pending P0150 code (O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1). I do not have a VSC Off Light. I am not mechanically inclined so will be bringing this to someone else for a repair. Is there any other troubleshooting I should do before bringing this to my local mechanic--do these repairs tend to be simple enough that I don't need to spends lots of money at the Lexus dealer?

Thank you,

Craig

I would suspect either a Vacuum Leak or Faulty MAF sensor but i'm only about 20% sure about that....

as far as the other code you need to replace your bank2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor...

none of this is exceptionally hard or time consuming but any mechanic is probably going to try to charge you an arm and a leg for the labor and parts....

I would suspect either a Vacuum Leak or Faulty MAF sensor but i'm only about 20% sure about that....

as far as the other code you need to replace your bank2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor...

none of this is exceptionally hard or time consuming but any mechanic is probably going to try to charge you an arm and a leg for the labor and parts....

Thanks for the response.