The Best Obd2 Scan Tool For The Is350

I bought an Autotap OBDII scanner. Its works on a 2003 E46 M3 and a 2004 Element, but refuses to work on this 2007 Lexus IS350. Autotap customer service thinks it may be a problem with the language protocol...

I have also tried the Snap-On Modus with no luck.

Has anyone been successful with other scanners? I am loooking for something that can monitor short and long term fuel trims. Data logging would be a bonus.

Thanks!

You have to have a scan tool that is "CAN-BUS" capable. Also, some scan tools are upgradable. I have an innova 3130 OBDII reader that works for these newer systems. I had an older version but had to upgrade as it was not able to read the CAN bus.

I like this unit but it is not good for data logging. It can do it but it is kind of cumbersome.

Regards,

I use an Auto XRay. They sent me the updates awhile ago, I haven't had any trouble. I haven't used it on my car yet either, so I'll have to get back to you on it. I'm trying to remember if I have had to use it on a CAN Protocol or not yet. But in any case, CAN protocol will be the new mandated protocol anyway, so you would have needed it anyway.