Ooops ... Who Makes These Rims?

K9crew

:blushing:

I recently bought a '99 LS400 and I'm embarrassed to say that I thought the car had factory rims. When I had the rims balanced the other day the shop informed me that the symbol in the center is a V and not the Lexus logo that I thought it was. Other than feeling a little stupid I'm not disappointed with the revelation but I am curious as to what I have on the car. The shop (a performance rim/tire shop) had no idea as to the rim manufacturer. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The rim is a 16" and sits WAY too close to the brake caliper in the front!!

The other question that I have concerns the compatibility of LS400 and SC400 rims. My wife's '95 SC400 has factory rims but she is hoping that the rims on the LS will fit the SC. If they do I plan on buying some 17" or 18" rims for the LS. I checked on www.tirerack.com and noticed that different rims are listed for our two cars which leads me to think that the back-spacing is different.

04.JPG

03.jpg

Thanks, :)

They aer just another taiwanese knock off. The stlye you have was big in 96-97 and has multiple companies copy them .So it is probably not a great brand as it also isn;t a known one to me either.

Just like i saw a set of rims 10 years ago witht he name sk in the middle of them . A plain 5 spoke design that is very common for that era.

Goon night James....Who knows what they are? The spacing ( offset ) is ment to run a wider or deeper rim on the rear than the front. This is very common on rear drive cars. Your local dealers can help with the replacements. I would check some aftermarket shops that has worked on your year and type to see what is the best options are. Sport tires will not require rotation if they are directional. :cheers:

sk,

since my '99 LS only had one owner before me and that person paid close to $60K for the car I would have thought that they'd spend at least $1.5K on a set of rims! Well, I shouldn't be too hard on them since they did take the car in for service every 5k miles! Any thoughts on 17" vs. 18" rims ... anyone?

:)

I managed to contact the original owner who told me that he bought the rims at the dealership when he bought the car in '99. The dealership charged something like $450 per wheel!! The dealership in Plano, TX told me that the rims are Vogue rims. When I called Vogue they told me they don't make rims ... they're merely a reseller of Prime rims. The dealership must have made a killing that day!!

:blink:

Yeh dealers like to poster a good sale on their so called rim.... they do give you a better than stock look, but often times the rim is not worth what they marked it up to be! Rims do make or break the looks of a nice car. I would like to see you get you own set that fits the look you like! for the time, they are not bad and it's nice to know the owner serviced it, took care of it, and kept it a nice ride! The dealers are getting better equipment and options now, but you will do good to look around, do your homework and check out a few rides you like....My wife hates my GS! it is not even close to stock, and she will not be seen in it. Maybe it's the tribals? too low? I am not sure! :blink: