Freeze 12 A/c Charge

My 92 SC4 popped its highside a/c hose and dumped a big portion of my check book out into the atmosphere..... <_< Got the new hose coming in tomorrow, but R12 is very expensive and i want to put Freeze12 in my system instead. Any experience on bad things about using Freeze12, any important notes i should know. :huh:

My 92 SC4 popped its highside a/c hose and dumped a big portion of my check book out into the atmosphere..... <_< Got the new hose coming in tomorrow, but R12 is very expensive and i want to put Freeze12 in my system instead. Any experience on bad things about using Freeze12, any important notes i should know. :huh:

there might be a R34 upgrade kit available. Search the forum for A/C refrigerants.

there might be a R34 upgrade kit available. Search the forum for A/C refrigerants.

I had looked at those kits, but im worried about it just permiating the hoses/rings and leaking out all over. I figured Freeze12 might hold better and doesnt require a conversion. Am in the right direction with this?

you are not going to hurt anything for trying, freeze 12 is a drop in replacement for r12.

I agree, it won't hurt to replace it with Freeze12, but you'll have to service or replace your compressor down the road. Freeze12 has an extra additive to make it a bit more environmentally friendly compared to r12 and r134. that's what causes it.

Did you find a good shop to service it?

you are not going to hurt anything for trying, freeze 12 is a drop in replacement for r12.

I agree, it won't hurt to replace it with Freeze12, but you'll have to service or replace your compressor down the road. Freeze12 has an extra additive to make it a bit more environmentally friendly compared to r12 and r134. that's what causes it.

Did you find a good shop to service it?

I work in parts at a Toyota dealership, the master tech is always just around the corner

Here is a good question for yall, i've been told my evaporator has a leak, what is involved in removing it??

Two things:

I had Freeze 12 on my 928 and it worked fine. I could not find any local A/C shop who used it, so I was afraid I would be stuck if I ever had a problem. I converted that car and my 92 sc400 to r134. They both work fantastic and I can get service anywhere.

An evaporator leak can be a pretty big problem. It usually involve removal or dash and HVAC system. It's a long DIY project and an expensive dealer job. In some cars it's a fatal condition, costing more to fix than car's value. I hope you don't have that situation. I have also heard that some of the various stop-leak additive can help on evap leaks. Beware that some A/C shops are pretty picky about working on cars that have stop-leak, since it can clog up their automatic recharge machines.

Good luck.

Here is a good question for yall, i've been told my evaporator has a leak, what is involved in removing it??

Two things:

I had Freeze 12 on my 928 and it worked fine. I could not find any local A/C shop who used it, so I was afraid I would be stuck if I ever had a problem. I converted that car and my 92 sc400 to r134. They both work fantastic and I can get service anywhere.

An evaporator leak can be a pretty big problem. It usually involve removal or dash and HVAC system. It's a long DIY project and an expensive dealer job. In some cars it's a fatal condition, costing more to fix than car's value. I hope you don't have that situation. I have also heard that some of the various stop-leak additive can help on evap leaks. Beware that some A/C shops are pretty picky about working on cars that have stop-leak, since it can clog up their automatic recharge machines.

Good luck.

thank you very much sir

Specifically, how difficult is it to remove the evaporator core, do i have to remove the entire dash and evap case, or can i get it out from under the glove box. Has anyone had to do it before in a 92 sc4.