20's On The Gs3 Or Gs430

I guys, i am a new member of the site. I am going to lease a GS300 or GS430. I want to put 20 inch chrome rims on either one. If anyone has 20's on either one of these cars, can you tell me if there is a big difference in acceleration. I know right now i have a 2001 Grand am with only 150 hp and i put 18's on it and the acceleration is a little bit slower. I look forward to hearing your answers . thanks guys :)

well now, 20's are fine! I have 20's on my GS. It does slow you a bit off the line. I know my red line is showing 5900 rpm when it shifts, but in actuality it is at 6500 and the trans/gears are shifting correctly..... so they do effect your gear ratio. My spped guage was off at 80 mph by about 51/2 miles. RMM Rod millen makes a split gear ratio for our cars. This help with out the hole shots. Just a thought. I am not sure of the numbers though..... :cheers:

I know my red line is showing 5900 rpm when it shifts, but in actuality it is at 6500

Actually, the RPMs are correct, it's just the speedometer that's wrong. The tires don't affect the ECU or rev counter. Using different diameter wheels or tires can affect the traction control and ABS systems, however.

Yeah... go 20s! But chrome? Passe...

post-1-1071647972.jpg

I know my red line is showing 5900 rpm when it shifts, but in actuality it is at 6500

Using different diameter wheels or tires can affect the traction control and ABS systems, however.

So, would it be safe to say you should turn off the traction in the summer when rolling ur 20's?