Nav System Upgrade And Override

I haven't been able to find an answer to this question in my web searching. I have an 05 ES 330 with nav system. I am purchasing the car off lease this fall and have upgraded a few things in the car (added Sirius and Soundlinq IPOD integration). I am considering purchasing a DVD to update the nav system but I am confused. If I purchase a recent DVD update, will I still be able to override the lockout while driving? I read somewhere that the recent DVDs eliminated the override feature. I know the '07 and '08 ES' don't have the override feature, but I'm wondering if the DVD updates for those years also eliminated the override ability. If so I am not going to update the maps. Is the override feature a function of which nav system you have or which map DVD you have?

Also, the VAIS Soundlinq SL2i has a neat little feature that enables you to skip the "I agree" button on the nav system when the car starts up. I'm loving that.

Thanks for any info any of you can provide on the override question.

Yes you will lose the override with the latest version, 7.1. It is a feature of the navigation software, which is updated with each new disc.

Thanks. Do you know what the latest version of software to contain the override is?

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't been able to find an answer to this question in my web searching. I have an 05 ES 330 with nav system. I am purchasing the car off lease this fall and have upgraded a few things in the car (added Sirius and Soundlinq IPOD integration). I am considering purchasing a DVD to update the nav system but I am confused. If I purchase a recent DVD update, will I still be able to override the lockout while driving? I read somewhere that the recent DVDs eliminated the override feature. I know the '07 and '08 ES' don't have the override feature, but I'm wondering if the DVD updates for those years also eliminated the override ability. If so I am not going to update the maps. Is the override feature a function of which nav system you have or which map DVD you have?

Also, the VAIS Soundlinq SL2i has a neat little feature that enables you to skip the "I agree" button on the nav system when the car starts up. I'm loving that.

Thanks for any info any of you can provide on the override question.

I kind of have the same issue but am at more of a loss. I want to upgrade by maps and have not done so since i started the lease. The current dvd is W41 data ver4.2. I would like to get the most recent maps and it would be very nice t0

1) hit "I agree" every time and just let it start up. and 2

2) be enable to enter in addresses while the car is moving (i assume this is overrideing the lockout.

Also, mentioned was the VAIS Soundlinq SL2i has a neat little feature that enables you to skip the "I agree" button on the nav system when the car starts up. what is that??

• 2 weeks later...
I kind of have the same issue but am at more of a loss. I want to upgrade by maps and have not done so since i started the lease. The current dvd is W41 data ver4.2. I would like to get the most recent maps and it would be very nice t0

1) hit "I agree" every time and just let it start up. and 2

2) be enable to enter in addresses while the car is moving (i assume this is overrideing the lockout.

Also, mentioned was the VAIS Soundlinq SL2i has a neat little feature that enables you to skip the "I agree" button on the nav system when the car starts up. what is that??

I went to Lexus and get them install an iPod adapter for me today. I'm happy to tell you that they installed VAIS Soundlinq SL2i. SL2i overwrites "i agree" screen after 5 second but does not enables destination entry screen while driving.

I have 2004 ES 300 with navigation, 6CD changer, iPod Touch & the latest Nav DVD

• 1 year later...