Euro Tuned Suspension

paulk27

I recently switched from a BMW 740i to a '04 LS with Euro Suspension. I'm very satisfied with the overall handling on the LS. The BMW excelled when pushed when in a high speed corner and I really miss the audible feedback provided by the BMW power plant but I otherwise find the LS to be better in all respects. I'm particularly impressed by the low end torque :rolleyes:

I probably would not have bought a '04 LS if it weren't for the Euro suspension and the 18 inch wheels.

I just finished a road trip from Dallas to Pennsylvania and back. It was the most enjoyable drive of my life.

Chips229: During the trip I did not see one LS430 nor one BMW 745 on the road. Matter of fact the only '04 LS I've seen since purchasing mine was a glimpse of one on TV owned by Tony Hawk the pro skate boarder :lol: .

A week ago my wife & I returned from a driving trip from Southern California to New Jersey and back. Over four weeks we covered 6,970 miles in my 2004 LS430 with Euro-tuned suspension. As soon as I bought my car in March I changed the tires to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. When we left on the trip I had 1,681 miles on the car. In Pennsylvania I had arranged by email for the first, free 5,000 mile service at a Lexus dealer there. This was done with no problems. I was given an RX330 loaner, got a car wash and the tires rotates front to back (part of the service). My car had 4,700 miles on it at this point.

We traveled over freeways, potholed roads, roads in Wyoming that were under construction and down to bare dirt and gravel. In other words, every type of road surface one can imagine. The tires offered a bit more road noise on some concrete road surfaces. Otherwise, this is the best car I have ever owned or driven in my nearly 50 years as a licensed driver. I gave up on my second 2003 M-B E500 Sport before buying the 2004 LS430. The reasons for the change are too long to go into. The point is, the LS430 is by far a better car than the E500. Everything works and works well. It is quiet, smooth, the seats are very comfortable, the climate control is outstanding. I can find nothing about which to complain.

I drove a demo with standard suspension before getting the Euro-tuned Suspension. The Euro-tuned Suspension is tauter, corners flatter and has a less cushy ride, but it is by no means uncomfortable. I love this car!

During the entire trip I got 24-25 MPG traveling at 65 to 82 MPH, depending upon state speed limit. One day driving from Jackson, Wyoming to Nephi, Utah (mostly down hill) I got 28 MPG. With the 22+ gallon tank I only needed to refuel once a day.

Legacy34