Factory Sub And Amp

Does anyone know if I could swap out the sub, speakers and stock amp... and leave the existing wiring? Might sound crazy... but I'd rather not rip out all the seats, flooring and doors and rewire the whole damn thing

Does anyone know if I could swap out the sub, speakers and stock amp... and leave the existing wiring? Might sound crazy... but I'd rather not rip out all the seats, flooring and doors and rewire the whole damn thing

The stock amp uses non-standard wiring harnesses, so it would be difficult to swap it out without doing a bunch of wiring. Also, I think it has some type of communication back to the head unit in the dash.

The most common upgrade people have done is to add a sub in a small box and a sub amp. You can tie in to the signal from the stock sub into a high level input in the new amp. This requires a little wiring (new power and ground, turn on lead & 4 signal wires from the dual voice-coil stock sub).

Anything more than this becomes a fairly major project - but with a little more bass, the stock system is actually pretty decent.