04 Gx470 Key Replacement

Rabid1

Hi friends.

This is my first post on this board.

I just bought a 2004 GX470 from a Mercedes dealer. The only keys they gave me were a very worn, but fully functional, remote key, and a valet key.I have tried to get the dealer to pony-up for a new remote key, but they refuse to.

Obviously, I'm not content with having just one functional key, so I'm looking for advice on getting a replacement.

Thanks!

Rick

You need to specify to the dealer you want 2 keys with fob, especially when the car is used. At this point, you can buy the ket from ebay, cut it and have the dealer program it, or just let the dealer do everything. Either way, its going to be $250 to $350 for the new key.

You need to specify to the dealer you want 2 keys with fob, especially when the car is used. At this point, you can buy the ket from ebay, cut it and have the dealer program it, or just let the dealer do everything. Either way, its going to be $250 to $350 for the new key.

DANG!!!

Thanks G Man.

• 4 weeks later...
I just bought a 2004 GX470 from a Mercedes dealer. The only keys they gave me were a very worn, but fully functional, remote key, and a valet key.I have tried to get the dealer to pony-up for a new remote key, but they refuse to.

Obviously, I'm not content with having just one functional key, so I'm looking for advice on getting a replacement.

I bought a master key for my 2004 GX470 from SpareCarKeys.com: http://www.sparecarkeys.com

Their phone number is: 866-350-4199

The cost for the master key: $120 + $6 shipping

There is a possibility that you may need to have Lexus program it. My dealer charged $25. They will send you directions to do it yourself. But, it didn't work for me.

The key is as good as a new one from Lexus except it doesn't have the gold plating "L" on the outside.

For those folks who are looking for replacing or may just need addition to their existing key, you just found the answer. I got my new OEM key recently from ebay (see actual seller below). It was about $139 out the door (shipping, key remote w/ cover, and cutting - providing your VIN number). I was so happy for this buy due to the dealer gave me a quote for the key for about $285 not including the programming before I bought a key. I was lucky that the dealer did not charge me for programming my new key since I was there for them to program my wallet key.

http://stores.ebay.com/LexFans

Hope this helps!

For those folks who are looking for replacing or may just need addition to their existing key, you just found the answer. I got my new OEM key recently from ebay (see actual seller below). It was about $139 out the door (shipping, key remote w/ cover, and cutting - providing your VIN number). I was so happy for this buy due to the dealer gave me a quote for the key for about $285 not including the programming before I bought a key. I was lucky that the dealer did not charge me for programming my new key since I was there for them to program my wallet key.

http://stores.ebay.com/LexFans

Hope this helps!

Try www.ikeyless.com

• 4 months later...

Please be careful when using the ebay site for lexus keys. Please don't use the REMOTESUPERSTORE, I thought I was getting a new cut key with remote however the dealer couldn't program it and the seller only sent me a replacement and it didn't work either. After reporting them to the BBB, I finally gave up and accepted I just gave away $100

Kim

• 10 months later...