Increasing Mpg

with the current gas prices has anyone had any experience with this kit - hho generator (www.hydrogenfrog.com). I read forum members mentioning about adding acetone but there are side effects on damaging the fuel system pipes.

with the current gas prices has anyone had any experience with this kit - hho generator (www.hydrogenfrog.com). I read forum members mentioning about adding acetone but there are side effects on damaging the fuel system pipes.

Well, it's certainly a way for its sellers to make a lot of money off desperate people looking for a way to save gas. However, until someone puts out verifiable proof that it works, I label it as a scam. There is no such thing as HHO. It is either water, H2O, or separate gases, H2 and O2. The electrical energy needed to separate the water into hydrogen and oxygen is greater than the thermal energy gained when hydrogen burns and combines with the oxygen to again become water. Combine that with the inefficiency of using your engine to generate the electricity and you'll likely see a small increase in gas consumption. I suspect that the amount of water actually converted is small enough to be a negligible drain on your alternator, and therefore the amount of hydrogen actually burned is probably also negligible.

Do not accept anecdotal information from the internet as proof that it works, i.e., some guy writes "My gas mileage went up 3 mpg." The only proof is independent lab testing done by someone like SAE, which I have not been able to find.

Agreed.....if there was some sort of 'magical' device out there.....trust me the automakers would have them in their vehicles today as they are the ones that spend billions designing & engineering the products. There are many ways one can improve your own fuel economy by slightly changing your driving habits & making sure the vehicle is maintained as per the owners manual. Try a few things & practice it for a few tank full's......see if you notice an improvement. Many website's offer these tips and these suggestions actually work. ;) Here are just a couple of examples...

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/articles/Improving-Fuel-Economy

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/!Removed!/drive.shtml

:cheers:

• 3 months later...

My neighbor is doing a similar conversion, but he's building his own apparatus. I'm keeping an interested, yet skeptical, eye on his progress. He's got everything mounted up, but hasn't quite got it on line yet. I'll let you all know of his results.

They tried this on mythbusters btw... and being fed from a storage tank directly the engine couldnt run :P

It's just not possible yet without adding thousands of dollars from the ground up. As for water it doesnt produce an "explosion" alone to make the pistons turn, so thats out too. hehe

All in all nothing they say that just bolts onto your car will give you the OMG 100000000 miles to the gallon everyone claims it will. and even if it did actually up your milage by 1 or 2, whats the point ? you are wasting more time trying to get that 1-2mpg more than it would take you to pay the 2 bucks and forget about it.

There are some cars (army) being tested to run directly on combustable gas, but regular cars will never, for the time being, be seen with that due to accidents and a big "boom" ;)

At 2 lpm, I'm hoping to get 30% to 50% increase in gase mileage. So hopefully, I'll go from 22 mpg to 33 mpg. It's cost me about $200 in parts to build this thing, and if I get the mpg increase I'm hoping for, it'll pay itself off in about 2 months.

To completely replace gas, you need about 200 lpm for up to a 2 liter engine.

I understand your skepticism. I was skeptical too, but after making a small one and ingniting the gas bubbles (which exploded with the bang of a firecracker for a 2" diameter bubble), it seems quite feasible.

You use the extra unused electricity from your alternator which would otherwise be wasted to split the water molecules into Hydrogen and Oxygen. Hydrogen is explosive, and together with Oxygen is 1,000 times as explosive as the gasoline.

...anyway, just a little background information, and I'm as curious as y'all (maybe more anxious) as to the benefit I'll get in mpg. Cheers! :cheers:

• 5 months later...

you guys are full of it, firewaterhydrogenproducts have already coverted a lexus, its amazing.