Looking To Purchase - Any Advice

G2SSM

Hi,

I've been a member at other forums and am now looking to purchase an 04 RX330 AWD - Silver w/ 40,000 miles ($22,000) so I thought I would join.

Just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for on this year when I am buying. Any particular trouble spots or anything I should have the dealer check out when I have it inspected.

Also - I think the above is a good price - any opinions.

And one last question ... Bamboo Pearl - Does it really look like an light green in the sun.

Again - just trying to get some advice - opinions.

Thank

Sam

Hi,

I've been a member at other forums and am now looking to purchase an 04 RX330 AWD - Silver w/ 40,000 miles ($22,000) so I thought I would join.

Just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for on this year when I am buying. Any particular trouble spots or anything I should have the dealer check out when I have it inspected.

Also - I think the above is a good price - any opinions.

And one last question ... Bamboo Pearl - Does it really look like an light green in the sun.

Again - just trying to get some advice - opinions.

Thank

Sam

Bamboo looks mostly beige, but it does have a slight green tint, so it doesn't look like all the other gold/beige cars out there, but I would NOT call it light green.

Based on what I saw for certified pre-owned, the price you quote and mileage look like a great buy. Even without a CPO warranty. I saw 04 and 05 with 50K going for $30K with a CPO warranty - i say the warranty is worth maybe $2k - $3k.

I just picked up an 07 with 22K miles on it and 30 months/38K miles left on the warranty for $32K and it was a dealer loaner. I think I got a good deal, but it is hard to say... people are dumping lots of SUVs on the market and if the 09's don't sell well, then my value will be shot quicker then I hoped.

For any used car, especially one that falls in the luxury category, I would verify maintenance records: oil & filter, tire rotations, transmission etc. There seem to have been a fair number of headlights that had moisture in them, mine included, so I would do a visual inspection to ensure that they are dry and clear. Other than those items, just ensure that everything works. I would also verify that you have the key that unlocks the lug nuts. It can be a nightmare on your first tire rotation to find out that this is missing.

Gary