Ls460 Or Ls460l

Do most of you here own LS460 or LS460L? I currently owned an 2008 RX400h, my father-in-law is approaching retirement and wants to get an LS. I will have the honor to go shopping with him B) . Just want to know your take between the 460 or 460L. I understand the L is a bit longer and smoother ride? but does the extra 10K justifed? Also, would you recommend buying an 07 or 08 used one, or buy brand new 09? What options you must have on LS?

Thanks.

Do most of you here own LS460 or LS460L? I currently owned an 2008 RX400h, my father-in-law is approaching retirement and wants to get an LS. I will have the honor to go shopping with him B) . Just want to know your take between the 460 or 460L. I understand the L is a bit longer and smoother ride? but does the extra 10K justifed? Also, would you recommend buying an 07 or 08 used one, or buy brand new 09? What options you must have on LS?

Thanks.

The L is all about the rear seat, so if you need the rear to shuffle someone around great,I had a L and a regular the ride seemed the same to me.

I own a 2008 LS 460 (not the L). Since it's mostly for my wife and I, we rarely have anyone in the back seat -- unless we allow one of our kids to drive while we sit in the back. During those times, there's plenty of room for my wife and me.

IMO, Mark Levenson Sound system is the only REQUIRED option for either car -- the rest is just profit for the dealer.

If you're going to take road trips often, I highly recommend the aftermarket Navigation Override from Prestigious Society. It enables you to use all the features of the DVD and NAV system while the car is in motion. You can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for details

I would wait for the 2009 -- It will come with All-Wheel-Drive. If you get a good deal, you could drive out the door on a 2009 LS 460 SWB (short wheel base) for under $68-69k incl. TT&L

Good Luck!

I own a 2008 LS 460 (not the L). Since it's mostly for my wife and I, we rarely have anyone in the back seat -- unless we allow one of our kids to drive while we sit in the back. During those times, there's plenty of room for my wife and me.

IMO, Mark Levenson Sound system is the only REQUIRED option for either car -- the rest is just profit for the dealer.

If you're going to take road trips often, I highly recommend the aftermarket Navigation Override from Prestigious Society. It enables you to use all the features of the DVD and NAV system while the car is in motion. You can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for details

I would wait for the 2009 -- It will come with All-Wheel-Drive. If you get a good deal, you could drive out the door on a 2009 LS 460 SWB (short wheel base) for under $68-69k incl. TT&L

Good Luck!

jlawr, does the 68-69K includes the Advanced Parking Guidance System Package? That seems to be the option that lack from other competitors at present (BMW, Mercedes, Audi). I understand Nav is standard for all LS? Which region did you purchase your LS? I live in MN, and we only have 2 Lexus dealers, I will probably shop out of state.

Is the 'L' a fully loaded 460 or is it just the length? I thought the 460L was like the BMW 760Li or the MB S600 where you got everything.

Would your grandfather be traveling primarily alone or with another person in the drivers seat? I am pretty much always driving alone and love the space and comfort in the iL BMW. Especially when you have others with you. It's like the front occupants and the rear can carry on their own seperate convos and not be in the way of each other.

On the other hand, I do like the insulating feel of the LS we have but I really think that is because we have such a dark tint on the windows that the inside stays pretty dark and alone and thats the one thing I really love about the car. It is very personal and private with smaller windows and such. Inside the bigger ones you get those big, long windows and invite anyone to look in. My 7 has a 20% tint and you can see right in most of the time because it is so big and tan in there.

If the 460L gives you all the options I'd go for it. If it only adds a couple things, I'd get a loaded 460 standard.

I purchased my LS 460 in Dallas, TX

Included options were:

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System

Advanced Parking Guidance System

Lexus Link®

Intuitive Parking Assist

Power door closers and power rear trunk

Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

The L cars start out optioned like a maxed out LS460, then you add options from there that arehn't available on the SWB car like the executive seating package, the air suspension, etc.

The front seats of the car are exactly the same and they ride exactly the same.