04 Is300 Navigation System Question

HunterXRen

Hello All,

Well to start off I purchased my IS300 a year ago, and it came with an Alpine aftermarket GPS system. It stopped working so I removed it and wanted to put on a cover for that area. After doing some research I found a JDM cover tray but apparently it does not work on the IS equipped with the navigation option. Do you guys know of any way i could cover up that area with a cover or maybe perhaps finding an authentic 04 IS navigation system?

Thanks so much

Hello All,

Well to start off I purchased my IS300 a year ago, and it came with an Alpine aftermarket GPS system. It stopped working so I removed it and wanted to put on a cover for that area. After doing some research I found a JDM cover tray but apparently it does not work on the IS equipped with the navigation option. Do you guys know of any way i could cover up that area with a cover or maybe perhaps finding an authentic 04 IS navigation system?

Thanks so much

I can get you a factory OEM nav if you so desire. Get back with me. ;)

Are you talking about the tray on the dash? I am somewhat confused. Can you post some pics of your current set up?

Well my car is not with me right now, but I will try to explain it to the best I can. The previous owner had a GPS system in the area where the OEM nav system was suppose to be. He basically messed up everything cutting and trimming all sorts of junk. After i took out my GPS, there is a huge hole there, which would be where the OEM screen would have been if it was not in use. I tried looking for a tray with a cover so i can cover up that area.

This was what I was going to get till i saw that it would not fit the navi system models

http://www.lextasy.com/is300_jdm_dash_tray_1287_prd1.htm

I guess what I am trying to ask is if there are there any trays similar to that which would fit the navi is300? Thanks for the input everyone.

I think what they mean about it not working with the NAV system is because the Nav screen pops up in that tray, and the cover would prevent that from being able to happen. If you have removed the Nav then that won't be an issue. The size and fitment of the tray is the same though. (I got a NAv dash tray for an IS 300 that didn't have the stock nav so I could hook up another screen and use it as a monitor), Fit like a glove, so I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way.

And I would get it from here: LTuned.com and not from Lextacy. I have heard alot about them claiming that some of the parts are TRD or JDM and are in fact some cheap knock off parts. I know that to be true of some of their exhaust systems as the company they advertise is a Knock off aftermarket company!

Yeah, it's easy. Be very careful of the plastic trim around the tray and center console. It scratches really easy, and it's permanent unless you do alot of cosmetic rework to fix it. You may want to tape it off, or something, but if not, just be careful.

This part :post-42851-1216122558_thumb.jpg

But to remove the tray:

Step 1:post-42851-1216122569_thumb.jpg

Step2:post-42851-1216122579_thumb.jpg

Step3:post-42851-1216122589_thumb.jpg

You shouldn't have to pry anything. There are 2 screws in the bottom of the tray, the a/c vents covers and the tray itself are all one piece. That just lifts out of there and then the new one fits right in it's place, use the two screws to reattach the tray, then there is a false bottom that goes over that to cover the screws and plastic support mold area on the bottom. Your done.