Mysterious Anti-theft Device Malfunction?

hotrod_42

Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Locked my RX300 in the garage like I've done for the last 5 years.

This morning I heard an unusual clicking noise coming from the anti-theft device, the light was dimly flickering. It stopped when I opened the door, started back up when I shut the door and stopped again when I put my key in the ignition.

When I turned the key, there was the deafening sound of silence; no click, no engine turning over, nothin?.

Obviously, the battery is dead. The battery was fine yesterday. I'm guessing the anti-theft device was "clicking" away and "blinking" all night long and that's what drained my battery.

My question is: what has caused the anti-theft device to all of a sudden malfunction like that?

All thoughts, musings, guesses and absolutes welcome!

Hey Hotrod, welcome to the LOC! :cheers: How old is your battery? Are the connections/terminals clean and tight? When your battery starts to go or if the connections are loose, it can cause a bunch of strange things to happen.

Hey Hotrod, welcome to the LOC! :cheers: How old is your battery? Are the connections/terminals clean and tight? When your battery starts to go or if the connections are loose, it can cause a bunch of strange things to happen.

Ya, I thought of that too. The battery is a Diehard Gold and it is less than two years old. It's still under warranty so I'm going to get it replaced tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever had those symptoms. I guess not judging by the views vs replys. Thanks for your input.

Ya, I thought of that too. The battery is a Diehard Gold and it is less than two years old. It's still under warranty so I'm going to get it replaced tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever had those symptoms. I guess not judging by the views vs replys. Thanks for your input.

Your welcome... Keep us posted with what happens