'05 330 Nav/voice Questions

I just got my 2005 ES330, love everything about it. I am missing the NAV manual, so some of this might be basic things that are in there:

1. Can you control the climate via voice? I try the commands and I get no love. When I go into help the "Climate" button for help is grayed out.

2. I thought I read you could tie in your bluetooth phone to the nav, but I am not seeing any options in the menu's for performing the initial hook up. Where do I start, do I need to buy an adapter?

3. Is there any way to train your voice for the nav system, it seems everybody but me can have their commands recognized, I have to try about 3 times to get it right.

4. Anybody seen any AUX adapters for this head unit?

Thanks in advance for answering any of the above.

I figured a few of these out on my own:

1. Still no clue why, but the Nav manual shows it grayed out also, so probably not this make/model.

2. lexus.com answered this one, you can't, 2007 added this feature to the ES.

3. No mention in the manual, also the microphone is located by the homelink buttons, will try speaking into that and see if it gets any better.

4. http://www.vaistech.com/home.php - $250

wolfielexus:

I have PDF's of the 05 Nav system. email me at cmayback at hotmail .com and I'll fwd them.

Also, there is no bluetooth in an '05. Only '06 or later.

Could you post that PDF to the forum, you'll see a browse/upload button when you post a message.

I posted this in another thread, but this post seems to keep bubbling to the top...

Just for reference, if you need a manual, go to lexus.com, sign up as an owner with your VIN, and viola, you can download any manual you want for your vehicle in glorious pdf....

And to answer my own #4, google FM Modulator. Hardwired into the FM line, but $15 vs $250 Vais dealio....

Now if I could just get that dang navigation lady to understand a word I am saying....

• 3 weeks later...
I posted this in another thread, but this post seems to keep bubbling to the top...

Just for reference, if you need a manual, go to lexus.com, sign up as an owner with your VIN, and viola, you can download any manual you want for your vehicle in glorious pdf....

And to answer my own #4, google FM Modulator. Hardwired into the FM line, but $15 vs $250 Vais dealio....

Now if I could just get that dang navigation lady to understand a word I am saying....

For the benefit of some of us who can't find the free manual access feature on the website could you please furnish the URL? Thanks.