New To The Lexus Idea

Captain Meeks

Just bought my wife and I a 94 LS 400 with 134,000 miles. We was looking for a comfortable car and was really impressed with the upkeep that had been done to this car. Dealer sold and maint. no known problems and was told if we upkeep it the same we could expect 300,000 miles out of her. Just wanted to go out and say hi and see others opinions on this. ^_^

Hey man welcome to the club. And with proper care and maintenance make that +500k miles!!! B)

haha good choice! Hope to see you around here a lot.

:cheers:

I hope so just got the complete service records today from a dealership in Evansville Ind. called and talked to them for alil while and they told me no problem anything I need they will asst. I was expecting a run around in all honesty but the guy was super nice...sorta scared me at first ...lol... but he gave me the complete breakdown and explained some of the codes. I live right in the middle of two Lexus dealers one Memphis (93 miles away) and Evansville (96 miles away) Nashville wouldnt really talk to me and told me just to bring the car in when I could. Evansville gave me everything they had on it. It hasnt had its 90,000 mile service as far as timing belt and water pump, so it made my mind up on where it is going when I get shoreside...lol.. as far as everything else it seems to be in perfect order. I really love the car so I think I am hooked. Thanks for the encoragement... B)

Welcome to the club. There are also very good independent shops that specialize in Lexus vehicles in certain cities. It'll save you a few bucks to go there. Lots of people on this forum use them. At that age, make sure they pay special attention the "rubber" parts like the motor and transmission mounts, knuckle bushings, etc. Happy driving! :cheers:

Welcome to the club. There are also very good independent shops that specialize in Lexus vehicles in certain cities. It'll save you a few bucks to go there. Lots of people on this forum use them. At that age, make sure they pay special attention the "rubber" parts like the motor and transmission mounts, knuckle bushings, etc. Happy driving! :cheers:

Thanks for the input man...I can use it all..I was really looking for a newer car,really just impressed by this one on how clean and well kept it had been kept. As far as everything else I guess I am sorta a car guy anyway have had and still have old muscle car. The Lexus idea is something I wanted to mess with for awhile. With my wife finally giving the banker approval I will follow up later with a few adjustments away from norm....lol... like I said any input is nice to have. Cant go wrong with to much info.