Vent Visors For 400h

Hi all,

I'm in the humid, hot but otherwise wonderful midwest. Recent rains and my new Lexus 400h (2008) are not coexisting well. I need vent visors so I can leave my windows cracked to let the heat out without letting the rain in. Where's the best place to buy these? Any thoughts on the pros and cons of adding them?

Thanks in advance for the help. B)

Vanessa

Hi all,

I'm in the humid, hot but otherwise wonderful midwest. Recent rains and my new Lexus 400h (2008) are not coexisting well. I need vent visors so I can leave my windows cracked to let the heat out without letting the rain in. Where's the best place to buy these? Any thoughts on the pros and cons of adding them?

Thanks in advance for the help. B)

Vanessa

Vanessa, check these out. I have not seen them in person but the company in general makes quality products.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp.aspx?...CustomerVehId=0

Tom

Two things to consider

#1 by pushing and holding the remote about 100 feet from the car you can get all the window and sunroof to open before you get to the car

#2 you may be better off with a solar powered fan I saw advertised on TV a long time ago, I see if I can Google it and find one

How about this it may work better because it moves the air

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/06/solarpowered_ca.php

Hi all. Thank you so much for the great responses! I think I'll go with the vent visors that you've suggested and consider the fan for later. I remember seeing an infommercial about it awhile back. It might be a good investment for me. I'll also use the remote to roll the windows down and open the sunroof. I vaguely remember the salesman mentioning something about that and I'll check the manual to get more information.

With the information that you've each provided and maybe some window tinting, I should be 'cooler' in no time. But then, hey, I'm already cool driving a 400h, right? Note to self: be more humble... ;)

You're all awesome! I'll be back when I have more questions...

Much appreciative,

Vanessa

on my 2007 rx400h if i hold the unlock button down it will open all the windows and the moonroof takes a few seconds to work just keep holding and by the time you get to your car most of the hot air will be gone ----- works great for me ---richard

Vanessa, the thing that I didn't like about the "As Seen On TV" window fan was that there was a permanent strip that had to be in place along the top of the window and it made the window vulnerable to break ins. I live in L.A. so we don't do anything to make things easier for the morons that take advantage of good folk. They don't mention that flaw in the commercial. I might do the window vent shade mentioned. Thanks for the link "RX400h" and Tom.... and Vanessa, if you get the vent visors, do us a favor and post a picture or two OK? Also which ones that you get and how much. Happy trails, Rey in L.A.

post-26996-1216176472_thumb.jpg

Check eBay, I just saw some,a set of sour vent shades, for $19.95, 14.95 shipping, the company is "JDM".

On Amazon I found some from "AUTO VENTSHADE" all four for $69., $11.99 shipping They all look the same to me.

Rey

OK, I just bought a set of four on eBay. I'll let everyone interested know how they are. The grand total was $28.77 and they looked great. They had multiple views on an RX 400h and they looked really nice. They were $9.95,plus shipping and Ca tax, since they and I are in Cali...so the $28.77 was everything. I'll post pictures. Plus last week I got some headlight chrome trim that I need to take a picture of as well. Rey

Hi all!

I couldn't find the window deflectors on eBay or Amazon for my year so, being the impatient woman that I am, I ordered the side window deflectors, sunroof deflector, and bug deflector from WeatherTech for $264.85 including ground shipping. After I have them installed, I'll take photos and post them here. I also inquired about mud flaps from WeatherTech since none were listed for my '08 400h. Other than that, I'm keeping my eye out for two nice license plate frames. The ones I have were installed by the dealer and have their name on them. Since I'm not getting a royalty check.... I choose not to give the free advertising... any way, who wants commercial plate frames on their Lexus?! B)

Hitch update - I ordered the trailer hitch from lexuspartsonline.com on July 5, based on Alphadog's referral. I paid extra for two day shipping but the hitch didn't arrive until today. No biggie but still, I did pay for two day shipping and the hitch was in stock when I placed the order. It is a genuine Toyota part with the wiring harness included for $243.80 including shipping. No ball but I already have one so I don't care that it's not included (it says included on the listing). My husband is installing it as we speak so I'll let you know how it goes/looks/works. Here's the thread with Alphadog's comment and other replies about the hitch: Aphadog's hitch thread. Make special note about the part number. From Alphadog, "The main thing to know is that when you are on the website, you have to search the OEM part # PT228-48045 to find the $212 base price." Overall, in spite of the problems I've mentioned, I believe this is a great deal!

I still have the fan in mind so if I buy one, I'll post a comment about it. Pretty soon, I'm going to need a truck to haul around my Lexus with all of it's accessories! :D

Once again, you've all been a fantastic help! Thank you, thank you!

Vanessa

Hi all!

I couldn't find the window deflectors on eBay or Amazon for my year so, being the impatient woman that I am, I ordered the side window deflectors, sunroof deflector, and bug deflector from WeatherTech for $264.85 including ground shipping. After I have them installed, I'll take photos and post them here. I also inquired about mud flaps from WeatherTech since none were listed for my '08 400h. Other than that, I'm keeping my eye out for two nice license plate frames. The ones I have were installed by the dealer and have their name on them. Since I'm not getting a royalty check.... I choose not to give the free advertising... any way, who wants commercial plate frames on their Lexus?! B)

Hitch update - I ordered the trailer hitch from lexuspartsonline.com on July 5, based on Alphadog's referral. I paid extra for two day shipping but the hitch didn't arrive until today. No biggie but still, I did pay for two day shipping and the hitch was in stock when I placed the order. It is a genuine Toyota part with the wiring harness included for $243.80 including shipping. No ball but I already have one so I don't care that it's not included (it says included on the listing). My husband is installing it as we speak so I'll let you know how it goes/looks/works. Here's the thread with Alphadog's comment and other replies about the hitch: Aphadog's hitch thread. Make special note about the part number. From Alphadog, "The main thing to know is that when you are on the website, you have to search the OEM part # PT228-48045 to find the $212 base price." Overall, in spite of the problems I've mentioned, I believe this is a great deal!

I still have the fan in mind so if I buy one, I'll post a comment about it. Pretty soon, I'm going to need a truck to haul around my Lexus with all of it's accessories! :D

Vanessa

Well there is absolutely no change in the basic body of the RXes especially in regards to the windows so some vendors just haven't added the 08 to their description but the vents fit all of our new RXes. But I am glad that you got the whole shebang and look forward to seeing it all together. I'm not sure if I want the bug deflector but I might want the sunroof deflector. Rey

Just a thought , FYI .

Vent visors add wind noise and reduce aerodynamics= lower gas mileage.

If the dealer sells them they have much better designs than weather tech and vent visor.

Also if you can get the Toyota Japan ones it will be almost flush and never be seen as well as having almost no impact on the look or aero of the car. They will cost $200 but are well worth it.

I have had all 3 styles and love my JDM ones.

Just a thought , FYI .

If the dealer sells them they have much better designs than weather tech and vent visor.

Also if you can get the Toyota Japan ones it will be almost flush and never be seen as well as having almost no impact on the look or aero of the car. They will cost $200 but are well worth it.

Thanks, I might not put them on. It was only a $28 loss. Rey

Well, I can always return the ones I purchased from WeatherTech I suppose. I had vent visors on my Tahoe and I do recall that there was a noise factor but I didn't know there were any available that were more flush with the car plus I thought the noise was just because of the design of the window frame on the Tahoe. Can I only get the Toyota Japan ones from a dealer or do you have a source that you might be able to give me a link for? I appreciate the info and I'll think about this before installing them. Thank you RXREY!

Vanessa

Just a thought , FYI .

Hi all!

Vanessa

Well there is absolutely no change in the basic body of the RXes especially in regards to the windows so some vendors just haven't added the 08 to their description but the vents fit all of our new RXes. But I am glad that you got the whole shebang and look forward to seeing it all together. I'm not sure if I want the bug deflector but I might want the sunroof deflector. Rey

I didn't know about the body style being the same. This is my first Lexus so thanks for the info. I was also uncertain about the bug deflector but my windshield currently shows evidence of a need thanks to the insects in this area. I also have about a mile of gravel road to drive on to get to my home so I worry about gravel chips from cars (and kids on four-wheelers) ahead of me. I am not thrilled with the 3M adhesive attachment for the bug deflector but I couldn't find one that mounted with screws. At least all of the items will match so I guess that's a plus. Are you a dealer by chance? I noticed you said 'our new RXes'. If so, sorry about the royalty check comment earlier. No offense intended. :)

Much appreciative!

Vanessa

Well, I can always return the ones I purchased from WeatherTech I suppose. I had vent visors on my Tahoe and I do recall that there was a noise factor but I didn't know there were any available that were more flush with the car plus I thought the noise was just because of the design of the window frame on the Tahoe. Can I only get the Toyota Japan ones from a dealer or do you have a source that you might be able to give me a link for? I appreciate the info and I'll think about this before installing them. Thank you RXREY!

Vanessa

Just a thought , FYI .

Actually Vanessa the info came from SKperformance so we have him to thank. I might put the front ones on and see how they are and I also ordered the sunroof shield. I took my roof rack off and it did not make one iota of difference in regards to noise,MPG,no difference good or bad, so I am trusting that adding the low,sleek, sunroof shield will not make any adverse difference. 3M tape is reversible so I am going to try the side window shades anyway. Keep me posted as to what you will do. By the way, I'm OK with people calling me by my real name....Rey

post-26996-1216341293_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216437413_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216437433_thumb.jpg

Hi all!

Vanessa

I didn't know about the body style being the same. This is my first Lexus so thanks for the info. I was also uncertain about the bug deflector but my windshield currently shows evidence of a need thanks to the insects in this area. I also have about a mile of gravel road to drive on to get to my home so I worry about gravel chips from cars (and kids on four-wheelers) ahead of me. I am not thrilled with the 3M adhesive attachment for the bug deflector but I couldn't find one that mounted with screws. At least all of the items will match so I guess that's a plus. Are you a dealer by chance? I noticed you said 'our new RXes'. If so, sorry about the royalty check comment earlier. No offense intended. :)

Much appreciative!

Vanessa

No, I am NOT a dealer, I meant "ours" as in...yours, mine, the people on this forum. Oh, I have used 3M adhesive many times with different vehicles, it is great and nothing to worry about! The good thing is that it is all reversible if you ever want to get rid of something that you adhered with 3M. Rey

post-26996-1216426520_thumb.jpg

post-26996-1216437570_thumb.jpg