Have An Auto Sc300 Thinking Of A Swap

So i recently bought a SC300 1993 auto with 180XXX on it for a steal price.

a little background

ive done swaps ranging from b series hondas all the way to jdm STI swaps, so ive done this alot, alas this is my first venture into lexus land.

From my brief reading the 1jz aristo engine is the most plug and play, but i hear that the TT 2jzgte auto swap is also completely bolt in?

thoughts in which is the easiest in terms of least wiring/ random headaches

budget @ around 4000 with me doing work

ty for the help this isnt a What can i do its more a , which do you think is more worthwhile and higher benefit

also considering just turboing the 2jzge

So i recently bought a SC300 1993 auto with 180XXX on it for a steal price.

a little background

ive done swaps ranging from b series hondas all the way to jdm STI swaps, so ive done this alot, alas this is my first venture into lexus land.

From my brief reading the 1jz aristo engine is the most plug and play, but i hear that the TT 2jzgte auto swap is also completely bolt in?

thoughts in which is the easiest in terms of least wiring/ random headaches

budget @ around 4000 with me doing work

ty for the help this isnt a What can i do its more a , which do you think is more worthwhile and higher benefit

also considering just turboing the 2jzge

i think i should post my goal

i only want around 350 hp max, as this will be my DD and i already have a project car im working on. ie heard the 1jz really is quite cheap, but i cant seem to find any full swaps done with that or the 2jz that will give me more insight (i.e. a swap tutorial or with pics)

The 1jz didn't come out of the aristo, it came out of the sc300 in japan(soarer). Do you want to do a manual conversion or keep it auto? Auto will be the cheapest, you can get a 1jz with auto tranny for about $1000, or you can go with a 2jzgtte with auto for around $2000. Now if you want to go with a manual, a 1jz with a 5 speed will be about $2500 or you can go with 2jz with a 5 speed for around the same. If you want the 6 speed, your gonna pay a ton. The 2jzgtte with a 6 speed is gonna run you about $6500. It s crazy, if you want a fun car and want to keep the money down, go with the 1jz. Still has a bunch of power and is capable of a lot. Good luck.