93ls400 A/c Drasins Battery?

Do you have any other electrical problems?

When did this start?

There is a known design flaw that MIGHT cause your problem: the notorious trunk hinge wiring harness. The shorting that occurs there will cause these symptoms, and probably others as well: balking, wild rpms, uneven idle, bucking while driving, loss of dash lights, radio shut down when applying the brakes, draining the battery, etc. The great thing is, it's a snap to fix. Just strip off harness and expose the bundle, re-tape, and let the whole mess hang free so that there is little/no tension on the bundle.

Also, you can try an ac diagnostic here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3794

Do you have any other electrical problems?

When did this start?

There is a known design flaw that MIGHT cause your problem: the notorious trunk hinge wiring harness. The shorting that occurs there will cause these symptoms, and probably others as well: balking, wild rpms, uneven idle, bucking while driving, loss of dash lights, radio shut down when applying the brakes, draining the battery, etc. The great thing is, it's a snap to fix. Just strip off harness and expose the bundle, re-tape, and let the whole mess hang free so that there is little/no tension on the bundle.

Also, you can try an ac diagnostic here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3794

Thanks AL! It all started after I had it washed at a carwash and the first thing I noticed was the radio crackling after I drove off, then after I went to a store after the carwash the battery was dead, it was hot that day and I had the air on. everything was fine until the carwash!

Did they wash the engine?

If so, they did not cover the alternator. Hope it's not damaged.

If there is water/soap/grease where it doesn't belong, sure, you could very well have all sorts of issues like that.

Suggestion. Drive it at speed as long as you can to dry it out. When you get home, open the hood. Let it sit and cool down. Wait il it is pitch black out tonight. Start her up. It may be 'fixed' at this point.

If not, look for arcing or sparking on or near alternator, plug wires, plugs, and distributors.

Do not use a flashlight, it will ruin your 'night vision'.

If you see arcing at the alternator, I'd go talk to the owner.

Did they wash the engine?

If so, they did not cover the alternator. Hope it's not damaged.

If there is water/soap/grease where it doesn't belong, sure, you could very well have all sorts of issues like that.

Suggestion. Drive it at speed as long as you can to dry it out. When you get home, open the hood. Let it sit and cool down. Wait il it is pitch black out tonight. Start her up. It may be 'fixed' at this point.

If not, look for arcing or sparking on or near alternator, plug wires, plugs, and distributors.

Do not use a flashlight, it will ruin your 'night vision'.

If you see arcing at the alternator, I'd go talk to the owner.

Did not wash engine. It has been over a month, so I think everything is dry. If I use ac then when I park battery is dead. Radio is ok now so I am stumped? I will check for the sparks/arcing. What are the odds of it being the trunk wires?