1995 Es 300 Cd Changer And Stereo System

Hi my name is John and I live in Orlando fl. My wife really wants a Cd player in her car. I have been looking at after market and cant find a piece of matching wood grain to fill in the gap where the huge factory one is. Im a new member and reading alot of the inputs of others I didnt know about the amp the car has already. My existing stereo cassette player says lexus premium sound system and has a button for CD/cmp that means a changer controls right? If so where do I look for the changer I coundnt find it in the trunk on the left side . should there be wires there, if so where at, and does it have where I could just plug and play. Another thing she would like to have is a little more bass. I could put a amp in but how would you hook it up to that monster dash consuming stereo? Im not trying to out bass the kids just want a better sound for her. Thats all she wants for Christmas and I told I would grant her wish I could use your help. One more thing big question should I gut my system or use what I got, I like the existing system sounds good and alot of speakers too. I cant find a changer anywhere except the dealership but that is alot money the car is a 1995 so I dont want to put a arm and a leg because a new stereo cost 2,200 dollars to much for me. Again I appreciate your help if you can. Thanks JOhn

you have two options.. install an aftermarket cd player OR add a cd changer to your car (ebay or www.car-parts.com)

if you install the aftermarket cd player, you will have to purchase a dash kit 24.99 (somewhere on internet..or your local best buy or sound shops will sell it to you for around 49.99)

you will have to bypass the stock amp (underneath the front passenger seat)

if you go with adding a cd changer, you just plug it back on the left side of the trunk.

if you want bass. upgrade your rear speakers to better 6x9 (only with aftermarket cd player radiosetup) or add an external amp + sub or one of those powered subs.

but remember 1 thing..stock radio unit will have to work with amp. if you keep stock headunit, you keep the amp. If you get aftermarket cd player, you must gut the amp.

Hi John

I also didn't have a CD player in my 95 GS300. We were able to find one at a salvage yard. The amp is on the passenger side trunk I think beside the spare tire(I would have to wake up my husband to find out for sure!). The player plugs in on the rear quarter panel passenger side. He said it was simple! Works fine! Hope this helps. Like you I got on this site to try to find out something. At best, it was kind of like pulling teeth! But, I finallly got some good advice and was able to make a decision. Good Luck ;)

Bama Lexi

Latoilette,

if you want bass. upgrade your rear speakers to better 6x9

(only with aftermarket cd player radiosetup) or add an external

amp + sub or one of those powered subs.

In the note above, you suggest adding and external amp and upgrading the existing 6x9s. I have considered doing that, but I found that the wire currently going to the 6x9s seems to have a filter which prevents the lows from passing.

Where in a 1995 model, can we can a full frequency signal, to wire an external amp? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darrell

This is John Thanking all of you for replying to my topic all your advice is greatly appreciated. I'm going with the aftermarket equipment for audio after pricing lexus stuff. Much cheaper! Also the wife thinks its pretty the new deck, so she is happythats all that matters. I have a new topic if you guys could put your inputs in.

you have two options.. install an aftermarket cd player OR add a cd changer to your car (ebay or www.car-parts.com)

if you install the aftermarket cd player, you will have to purchase a dash kit 24.99 (somewhere on internet..or your local best buy or sound shops will sell it to you for around 49.99)

if you go with adding a cd changer, you just plug it back on the left side of the trunk.

if you want bass. upgrade your rear speakers to better 6x9 (only with aftermarket cd player radiosetup) or add an external amp + sub or one of those powered subs.

but remember 1 thing..stock radio unit will have to work with amp. if you keep stock headunit, you keep the amp. If you get aftermarket cd player, you must gut the amp.

what did you do with the speakers in the dash and the tweeters I would like to hook them up to the stereo deck just need the color wires is at the dash or are they at the amp. Is the amp powering all the speakers. Do you know what colors is the plug in back of the stock unit for the power , constant power, and ground, and antenna turn on? Thanks for your help.

what did you do with the speakers in the dash and the tweeters I would like to hook them up to the stereo deck just need the color wires is at the dash or are they at the amp. Is the amp powering all the speakers. Do you know what colors is the plug in back of the stock unit for the power , constant power, and ground, and antenna turn on? Thanks for your help.

This is John Thanking all of you for replying to my topic all your advice is greatly appreciated. I'm going with the aftermarket equipment for audio after pricing lexus stuff. Much cheaper! Also the wife thinks its pretty the new deck, so she is happythats all that matters. I have a new topic if you guys could put your inputs in.

I just want to say thanks. I feel like a jackass for asking questions that has been already answered in other forums I went thru in 2 days and read them all on stereo questions for es300 almost all my questions have been answered. I feel real confident now with the help of all of you. Again thanks JOhn :P

• 2 weeks later...