Introduction

I just wanted to introduce myself on to these boards

I've been looking for a Manual SC300 for probably the past 2 months with not much luck,

Specifically i wanted the 1997 with the facelift and it had to manual, because well if it was automatic i would have gotten a Canadian Spec SC400. But my adamence for trying to find a SC300 was pretty unwavering.

Anyways i've located the one i wanted and it's in California, so the day i pick it up and bring it home you can assure i'll be an annoyingly active member.

my only problems with the car is it's in LA and i live Vancouver BC, it's not my prefered colour, as well as it has higher mileage than i wanted (157K) but for $8800 it's a steal.

i'm willing to deal with US customs and the Canadian customs and RIV, just to get into this thing,

i currently drive a 1995 Nissan 240sx and the way i see it, is the SC300 is better in every aspect, it's got more power 160 -> 225, more room, looks nicer, will sound nicer, and well it's a Lexus.

anyways, just wanted to say hi, this seems like the biggest lexus board i've come across.

Welcome aboard! :cheers: Once you get your new hot ride, we'll be wantin' pics. Don't know what you're planning to do with the 240, but once you get used to the sc, don't think you'll be driving the nissan much.

Don't blame you for going with a stick. Btw check out the stickies in this section. They might give you a heads up on how to evaluate the car when you get there. Lots of info on sc issues, mods, as well. Good choice and good luck!

Vancouver eh. I just bought a SC400 out of Vernon last Monday with only 49400 km. Good luck with your search. Seems the SC300 is a little harder to find.

yea they only sold SC400's in Canada, so to find a SC300 and in manual. with low mileage. is pretty damn hard.

but if i dind't mind driving auto. sc400's would be sweet. same mileage.

Lexus made 5 Spd SC300 for CND market from Nov'91 to Jan'94 and US market from Nov'91 to Sep'97. No 5 Spd SC400'S ever left the factory for the North American market.

You can find a model that has been owner modified.

Lexus made 5 Spd SC300 for CND market from Nov'91 to Jan'94 and US market from Nov'91 to Sep'97. No 5 Spd SC400'S ever left the factory for the North American market.

You can find a model that has been owner modified.

REALLY? THEY MADE A SC300 for canada? i'm amazed i was so sure they didn't. thanks but i've still had a hard time locating one.

oh yeah, it's really hard to find a 5sp Sc3. I searched for six months, and ended up with a 95 with a 188k, and a serious front end collision to it. You don't have to worry about the front covers. You can buy a 97+ front cover that will fit on the other years.

I came across this entry. Don't know if you want to buy a modified Turbo car

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...mp;cardist=2258

oh yeah, it's really hard to find a 5sp Sc3. I searched for six months, and ended up with a 95 with a 188k, and a serious front end collision to it. You don't have to worry about the front covers. You can buy a 97+ front cover that will fit on the other years.

haha nope stock for me! i like to mod my own cars. it's an expensive route, but i find it more satisfying.

wow it took you that long and the mileage was till high.

i already told the guy i didn't want his car. now i sort of regret it.

haha nope stock for me! i like to mod my own cars. it's an expensive route, but i find it more satisfying.

yup 6 months of waiting. I wasn't in a hurry, and this one was in the DC area, so I went for it. You have access to the JDM right-hand cars. No interest in them?

yup 6 months of waiting. I wasn't in a hurry, and this one was in the DC area, so I went for it. You have access to the JDM right-hand cars. No interest in them?

it' shard to say.

because if i wanted a JDM import i'd HAVE to get one with a 2jzgte. and i dont have the money for it . so i'd rather just get a sc300 which is NA and LHD and guaranteed tohave leather as opposed to their jdm versions.

You're interested in getting a Supra(2jzgte)? If you like the SC I would suggest getting the Soarer. There are a number of companies selling the JDM import in Canada.

You're interested in getting a Supra(2jzgte)? If you like the SC I would suggest getting the Soarer. There are a number of companies selling the JDM import in Canada.

lol i just said that if i wanted to get a soarer. i'd have to get one with a 2jzgte. but the problem is i dont want one, because the likely hood of getting one in good condition with leeather. is more difficult and pricey than finding a good SC300.

but yea if all else fails i could get a soarer. a lot of my friends have gtr's and i'm not that big into RHD

but yea if all else fails i could get a soarer. a lot of my friends have gtr's and i'm not that big into RHD

I'd think twice about RHD - can't peek to see if it's clear to pass on two lane highways. Big disadvantage in my books.

I'd think twice about RHD - can't peek to see if it's clear to pass on two lane highways. Big disadvantage in my books.

True. but it'd be fun to have. I learned how to drive on a RHD. I think it's a matter of getting used to.

lol i just said that if i wanted to get a soarer. i'd have to get one with a 2jzgte. but the problem is i dont want one, because the likely hood of getting one in good condition with leeather. is more difficult and pricey than finding a good SC300.

Ummm mate... unless its had an engine swap from a supra or an aristo, you wont find a soarer with a 2jzgte.

TT Soarer hat the 2.5L 1jzgte... which is still a pretty good powerplant in itself :)