Great Answer To Srs Blinking Light Problem!

I noticed that basically every time a person posts a problem with their SRS light blinking, the mods just say there is nothing you can do and to take it to a dealer . . . obviously company men, but who can blame them? Well, after scrolling through about 10 of these posts, I noticed that somebody added the very simple and free suggestion of turning off the vehicle and fiddling with the big clump of wires under the seat. I just recently got a 1998 Lexus ES and the light started blinking today. Well, after much stress and worry about having to take it to a dealer, I saw this guys suggestion (I wish I could give him credit, I don't remember his user name and don't want to go find the post again) and thought, what the heck right? That's worth trying. I first fiddled with the wires under the driver seat, and nothing happened. Slightly bummed, I figured I better try the passenger seat as well, and . . . WA LA! All this guy did is describe fiddle with the wires, and I can't describe it any better than that, but it totally worked!!!!! I can just imagine how many people would save at least hundreds of dollars in "dealership" repairs if they only knew about this simple little trick. I'm sure the guys at the dealership love to get this one, "umm yeah, we ran some diagnostic tests and replaced a sensor, that'll be $600 thanks. . :lol: " and meanwhile all he did was jiggle the wires under the seat!!! I'm sure there are people with legitimate airbag sensor issues and what have you, but it's a crying shame that this is not even suggested as a possible quick fix by the company men, i mean moderaters, that post all the replies on this site. Sure, if you fiddle with the wires under both seats some and it still isn't working, go ahead and take it to a dealer, but for God sakes try this first!

• 2 months later...
I noticed that basically every time a person posts a problem with their SRS light blinking, the mods just say there is nothing you can do and to take it to a dealer . . . obviously company men, but who can blame them? Well, after scrolling through about 10 of these posts, I noticed that somebody added the very simple and free suggestion of turning off the vehicle and fiddling with the big clump of wires under the seat. I just recently got a 1998 Lexus ES and the light started blinking today. Well, after much stress and worry about having to take it to a dealer, I saw this guys suggestion (I wish I could give him credit, I don't remember his user name and don't want to go find the post again) and thought, what the heck right? That's worth trying. I first fiddled with the wires under the driver seat, and nothing happened. Slightly bummed, I figured I better try the passenger seat as well, and . . . WA LA! All this guy did is describe fiddle with the wires, and I can't describe it any better than that, but it totally worked!!!!! I can just imagine how many people would save at least hundreds of dollars in "dealership" repairs if they only knew about this simple little trick. I'm sure the guys at the dealership love to get this one, "umm yeah, we ran some diagnostic tests and replaced a sensor, that'll be $600 thanks. . :lol: " and meanwhile all he did was jiggle the wires under the seat!!! I'm sure there are people with legitimate airbag sensor issues and what have you, but it's a crying shame that this is not even suggested as a possible quick fix by the company men, i mean moderaters, that post all the replies on this site. Sure, if you fiddle with the wires under both seats some and it still isn't working, go ahead and take it to a dealer, but for God sakes try this first!

I bought a 1999 ES for my daughter with 127k. Only woe was the blinking SRS light. I read this post and so I tinkered with the wires and magically they blinking went away. I see the previous owner had paperwork with a $80 charge with no solution to the blinking light. Well I got $500 more off the car due to the blinking light.

Thanks a bunch for this great post! :D