Bypass Nav "agree" Screen

Can anybody tell me how to bypass the screen that comes up when I start my car that asks me to agree to all the warnings before I can get the map screen view? Also, is there a way to bypass the lock that doesn't permit entering addresses into the NAV while the car is moving?

Thanks,

Ken Klein

2008 RX 400H

If you upgrade to the latest navigation dvd, version 7.1, the "I Agree" screen is replaced with instead a warning screen that appears for 5-10 seconds.

Unfortunately, that version no longer gives access to the override menu that would enable you to enter addresses while in motion. This was last available in version 5.1. You would have to perform a series of button presses each time you started the car to allow input while in motion.

• 4 weeks later...
I have one that I took out of my 07 RX when I traded it in, if you are intrested let me know

Do you still have your lockpick available for sale? thanks

Welcome Irazabul,

Don't just presume any ol' lockpick will work for your Lexus. There are a bunch of different models, turning on what features you want to over-ride, and turning on what year your Lexus is, and what version your NAV DVD is. If you simply jump on the first 'deal' ~ used or new, without checking out which features it'll come with ... your experience can go sour. If you plan it out, and know what kind of installation it'll require, the process can be quite pleasing.

Good luck!

Ken. These people make products to override the limitations of the nav system. If you do a search you will find several discussions on the subject.

http://coastaletech.com/

800-507-2234

Tom

Not only NAV override. Many find the bluetooh phone over ride the biggest plus, because the old fashion menu over ride would only let you access the NAV - and you still couldn't dial your phone on the fly ... whereas the lockpick lets you do both. I love ours.

I agree, I do it by rote. I usually have the MPG window open but when I use the map, I don't really remember having to push the "I agree...", but I must because the map is up. However, the last time that I had my car in for service I was given an ES350 and I did like that the "warning" window shuts off after a few seconds..but I was SO glad to get my hybrid back. So far I've had an RX 330,350 and ES350 as loaners and none feel as good as the 400h. It must be the CVT , the power on the highway is so much better in the 400h as well. The cornering on the ES is obviously better though. Hey, while I'm at it...how come Lexus decided not to have the fancy keyless entry and push button start on the 400h? I loved that in the new ES350! Rey

I agree,

. . . . . . snip

Hey, while I'm at it...how come Lexus decided not to have the fancy keyless entry and push button start on the 400h? Rey

Don't EVEN get me started on THAT CS design . There was NO acceptable excuse, though some here, have tried to rationalize why it was ok for Lexus to use SEVENTYFIVE year old mechanicle key technology (:cries: ), in an otherwise modern HSD system. Suposedly, it'll be in the 2009's.

It'll be in the '09s, the new Highlander has it.

I found it a little strange at first when I switched from the

RX H to the GS H but now I just wear the key thing on a chain around my neck and push to start, but with the motor not running all the time in the hybrid I often forgot to turn the car off till I got the warning buzzer

You wear the key around your neck? Why?

I've heard this from a few people, that they don't know what to do with the key if its not in the ignition. Why would you just not keep your keys in your pocket? Thats the whole point of the system.

I just keep mine in my pocket.

I've heard this from a few people, that they don't know what to do with the key if its not in the ignition. Why would you just not keep your keys in your pocket? Thats the whole point of the system.

I'm going to have mine sewn under my skin :P

Actually, for those who can't stand to have just a fob in their pocket, Toyota DOES offer an alternative. For a few hundred extra, you can do THIS:

http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/29/toyotas...try-wristwatch/

The reason is simple I am always misplacing my keys, before I started wearing the key around my neck I would wind up walking out to the car and getting in only to discover I left the keys in the house and had to go back in to get them. Misplaced keys have made me late for a few doctors appointments, I hate to carry a lot of stuff in my pockets so now that I keep the key around my neck at all times [they come off in the shower] it saves me the trouble of fumbling around for my keys. I even got rid of my house keys and got this product. I also have push button code entry for my garage door opener.

By the way I only have this mental block with keys, I am licensed to carry a gun in all 50 states and in almost 40 years of carrying a gun I have never misplaced my gun or didn't have it secured and under my control at all times

I guess we all have our little things lol.

We have combo locks on the house and a combo pad for the garage too. My fiance has the SKS in her Prius, and she insists that she wants to leave keys in her purse and never have to use them again lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I made a strange discovery this week. I installed a version 7.1 map disk in place of my 6.1 disk and, or course, the "I Agree" thingy went away. Then I temporarily removed the 7.1 and reinstalled the 6.1 disk and the "I Agree" is still gone. Has my Lexus learned something from the 7.1 that it remembers?

Tom

It shouldn't operate on the 6.1 disc once the 7.1 disc has been inserted...

Huh? Please explain. It is working fine with my 6.1 right now and no "I Agree."

Tom

I made a strange discovery this week. I installed a version 7.1 map disk in place of my 6.1 disk and, or course, the "I Agree" thingy went away. Then I temporarily removed the 7.1 and reinstalled the 6.1 disk and the "I Agree" is still gone. Has my Lexus learned something from the 7.1 that it remembers?

Tom

The newer firmware gets installed when you insert the newer dvd, and stays in memory. When you insert the older dvd, it sees that the current firmware installed is newer, and does not install the older firmware. So yes, the nav ecu "remembers" the newer firmware (so the I Agree button goes away).

It shouldn't operate on the 6.1 disc once the 7.1 disc has been inserted...

You can revert to older dvd's. I believe the only time when you can is from a newer dvd to version 0.1.

Ha! A new source of income. I think I will go into the "I Agree" removal business. Disk in, disk out, collect my fee.

Tom

Ha! A new source of income. I think I will go into the "I Agree" removal business. Disk in, disk out, collect my fee.

Tom

And . . . you can KEEP making money by going around disconnecting the 12v aux battery :P

In other words, as soon as the DVD hardware looses all 12v power, it will also kill the ROM. I've messed with making quite a few different Toyota NAV DVD's (changing out different loading files and/or map data files ... versions 3 thru 7 ... just to see what it'd do) ... and I've found the same thing ... that old data can store on the system hardware, so that simply putting in a new disk doesn't necessarily kill all the old data.