2001 Lexus Gs300 Lost All Keys =o

I have a 2001 Lexus GS300 and lost my last key yesterday. I called the dealership and they told me I had to tow the car in and it was going to cost $850 to reset the ECU and $250 for the new key cut to the VIN.

Do I have any other options? Can I program the key reset the ECU myself? Can I just get the key cut at the dealership and somehow disable the immobilizer?

Please let me know. Thanks

The dealer can cut the key without programming it by the vin.

you need a working key to do it any cheaper.

Lexus head office may be able to help with the cost of computer reprogramming.

Try www.ikeyless.com Replacement keys are cheap and comes with programming instructions. Mine cost me $84.90 with shipping. Programed it myself and works perfectly.

Try www.ikeyless.com Replacement keys are cheap and comes with programming instructions. Mine cost me $84.90 with shipping. Programed it myself and works perfectly.

do they cutt the key too?

brian

do they cutt the key too?

brian

U gonna need original master key to do it yourself.Or find someone online who can cut the key by vin number than u take out the computer and with the new transponder key send it to someone who can program the computer to the key ,cost around $250 .u can find online somewhere.

It seems easily misunderstood that without a working, programmed master key in your hand, you cannot program any other key. It doesn't matter if you get the key directly from God, it will not start your car until it is programmed, which will not happen without a programmed master key already in your possession.

Your choices are:

A. Ask Lexus to replace your ECU as a courtesy. In some cases, they have been known to do this on a one-time, courtesy basis. They will charge you $200.00+ per master key.

B. Find a locksmith (good luck) with the right computer to erase and reprogram all the keys in your ECU. Of course, you need to have keys cut and ready to program.

C. Remove your ECU and send it to somebody you find on the internet to have it reprogrammed. I hope they send it back to you with at least one working master key. If they do, then you have your choice of where to get future keys, since you will be able to program them yourself.

Note: Some later model year cars (GSxxx, 2005+) may have the ability to accept new keys without having a programmed master key available. The ability to do this depends on the model year and the software version in the Lexus scantool.