Gs 430 Rpair Manual

Hi, I'm looking for 2008 Gs repair manual.where can i find it.I tried to buy it from the company itself but they reply that they can not sell it

I don't know if they are available online yet. The most recent one I can find is for the 2006 GS, but get this, there are 5 volumes at $150 EACH.

2007 and 2008 manuals may not have been released yet.

steviej

I don't know if they are available online yet. The most recent one I can find is for the 2006 GS, but get this, there are 5 volumes at $150 EACH.

steviej

Interesting. I called two Lexus dealers, the first told me about $200/manual, for a 2006 GS manual (and there are about 4 volumes). I then called another dealer who told me that there are about 3 volumes, and that it would be about $200 for the whole set. Can anyone throw some light on what the difference could be? Also, I don't see any on eBay. Are there any other places to get the manuals besides the dealership? Thanks.

steviej

Interesting. I called two Lexus dealers, the first told me about $200/manual, for a 2006 GS manual (and there are about 4 volumes). I then called another dealer who told me that there are about 3 volumes, and that it would be about $200 for the whole set. Can anyone throw some light on what the difference could be? Also, I don't see any on eBay. Are there any other places to get the manuals besides the dealership? Thanks.

I went by Sewell Lexus' website. here.

steviej

steviej

I went by Sewell Lexus' website. here.

steviej

Called another dealer in Pheonix today. He took some time to look things up and called me back later in the afternoon. He told me there are six manuals, and they're organized as follows:

Manual 1 - Introduction, preparation, service specs, maintenance, engine control, and engine mechanical

Manual 2 - Fuel system, emissions, intake, exhaust, cooling, lube, automatic transmissions, ignition, and starting

Manual 3 - Suspension, brakes, steering, tire, wheel, and differential

Manual 4 - A/C, pre-collision safety system, seat belts, lighting, and wipers

Manual 5 - Navigation ,horn, garage door opener, other, doors, exterior, interior, multiplex communication (that's the "network" of computers for the car)

Manual 6 - Electrical diagrams

He also said that the prices on these manuals vary, but they're each in the range of $130-$140. What's frustrating is that I called my local dealer and he quoted the same prices, but told me there are only 4 volumes. Seems like we're getting different info from each dealer - some consistency would really help clear things up.

I think I'm going to try the Toyota Information System instead. At a total cost of about $850 for the manuals, I'm better off getting and online subscription and downloading the information (though some people have said it's not as good as the manuals - I can't confirm that though). Heck, it only costs $10 for a one-day subscription so even if they're not as good, I don't have much to lose!

• 8 months later...
Called another dealer in Pheonix today. He took some time to look things up and called me back later in the afternoon. He told me there are six manuals, and they're organized as follows:

Manual 1 - Introduction, preparation, service specs, maintenance, engine control, and engine mechanical

Manual 2 - Fuel system, emissions, intake, exhaust, cooling, lube, automatic transmissions, ignition, and starting

Manual 3 - Suspension, brakes, steering, tire, wheel, and differential

Manual 4 - A/C, pre-collision safety system, seat belts, lighting, and wipers

Manual 5 - Navigation ,horn, garage door opener, other, doors, exterior, interior, multiplex communication (that's the "network" of computers for the car)

Manual 6 - Electrical diagrams

He also said that the prices on these manuals vary, but they're each in the range of $130-$140. What's frustrating is that I called my local dealer and he quoted the same prices, but told me there are only 4 volumes. Seems like we're getting different info from each dealer - some consistency would really help clear things up.

I think I'm going to try the Toyota Information System instead. At a total cost of about $850 for the manuals, I'm better off getting and online subscription and downloading the information (though some people have said it's not as good as the manuals - I can't confirm that though). Heck, it only costs $10 for a one-day subscription so even if they're not as good, I don't have much to lose!

Just wanted to update the group on service manuals. I learned today that Helm's is now selling Toyota/Lexus/Scion manuals. They have the 5 manual set for the 2006 GS300 (they may have other years, but I didn't bother check) for $400... This is still steep for service manuals in my opinion, but is a LOT better than the $150/volume we were seeing earlier - almost half price. Also, they have the "6th" volume - the electrical diagrams for an additional $75.

I'm interested in getting these and $400 is much more reasonable. But I think I'll have to wait a bit to pull the trigger - probably until major maintenance comes up. Hopefully it'll help someone else though...

Oh yes, the link - http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_service...164R9AHD3EW9CGB

Check your local public library to see if they have Alldata, the county system here has access to it in lieu of paper manuals. The only downside is you have to physically be at the Lib. to access it, can't do it online. Good luck

capn.

Check your local public library to see if they have Alldata, the county system here has access to it in lieu of paper manuals. The only downside is you have to physically be at the Lib. to access it, can't do it online. Good luck

capn.

Thanks for the info - great to know. Does Alldata provide the content of the factory manual, or is it something like a Chilton's or Haynes?