False Start?

I started the car this morning, and it did that false start thing, where you think it's starting, but then it dies. This has NEVER happened to me before, esp. with the push button start. I started it up again, and it started fine. Could this be an issue? Or am I just being normally overly concerned?

It happened to me once as well. It was just after I had reconnected the battery after performing some work.

I just assumed that the car needed a few more cranks than typical to learn itself after the power was disconnected.

I think this happens when you release the brake pedal too soon, it happen to me once but i released the brake pedal too soon on purpose

i don't think you should worry about anything

Did you "play" with the radio, nav etc.? It happens to me quite often wenn I use to play around and press the Start-Button a couple of times without starting the engine!

linn

Did you "play" with the radio, nav etc.? It happens to me quite often wenn I use to play around and press the Start-Button a couple of times without starting the engine!

linn

Nope, foot on the brake, pressed the button, engine tried to start, and then died.

linn

Nope, foot on the brake, pressed the button, engine tried to start, and then died.

Even not after you stopped the engine the last time before??

The first thing that I do when I get in the car is put my foot on the brake and press the button to start it. I don't turn on the radio first thing. So no, I wasn't messing around with the radio before I started the car.