What Are Your Thoughts On Daytime Running Lights? I Just Turned Mine O

The dealer in NY told me it couldn't be done when I mentioned it was an option in the settings listed in the owners manual. But I called the local dealer in SC and they had them turned off in my 08 GS450H in 10 minutes. The service writer said I am the first person that asked to have them turned off, so it made me wonder if there are other people like me that don't like DRLs. Go to the link and tell me if you agree with turning them off after reading the info

Link to anti DRL site

I noticed no mention was made of motorcycles. What you think about headlights always being on?

Personally, I do not find driving lights in my Corvette and RX400h to be too bright or irritating to other people (so far).

I turned of the DRLs in my 98 Vette that I no longer by modifying a relay under a panel on the floor of the passenger side, the 96 Vette that I still own did not come with them. I disconnected a wire in the 07 RX400H soon after I got it. I was going to re-connect the wire when I traded it for the GS450H but I didn't have the time.

I didn't like the light on my motorcycle either but that is a non-issue because I got injured back in 1990 and can't ride anymore [not a motorcycle related injury]

The headlight on my motorcycle did nothing to improve safety. I had cars look right at me and then pull right in front of me at an intersection as if I wasn't there

There's another thread burried on this folder w/ instructions on how to install a switch. This was our route. I like being able to turn 'em off. Just sitting there in the parking lot in stealth mode? Who needs em?

If I am not mistaken that thread is how I learned which wire to pull on the RX, but luck for me this is an optional thing the dealer can do on the GS model or maybe just the hybrid GS

After the dealer telling me I was the first person he ever had that requsted turning them off I can't help but wonder if there are many other people that don't want them

Has anyone explored having them disabled in the 2006 RX400h? The linked article is very good and seems well written. Again, I think an owner should be given the ability to make the determination for themselves and either disable or enable them the same way other features are allowed. In the absence of FACTUAL information regarding the usage, I believe one should, if they wish, be able to evaluate 'power' consumption or any other that they wish to consider.

Can anyone give the procedure to disable/enable this on the 2006 RX400h?

can't we just pull the fuse for the DRLs inside the cabin? if not just unplug your fog lights I guess and nothing will work at all.

can someone please do some research as to the MPG savings to not having DRL's

Has anyone explored having them disabled in the 2006 RX400h? The linked article is very good and seems well written. Again, I think an owner should be given the ability to make the determination for themselves and either disable or enable them the same way other features are allowed. In the absence of FACTUAL information regarding the usage, I believe one should, if they wish, be able to evaluate 'power' consumption or any other that they wish to consider.

Can anyone give the procedure to disable/enable this on the 2006 RX400h?

I found a link that showed which wire to pull [it was in a box with a bunch of wires near the back of the engine compartment] on the RX. I did it almost 2 years ago so I don't remember where I found the article or which wire I pulled. It was easy to do and can be restored just as easy as it was to pull

Here are the instructions

It should take about 10 to 20 minutes, but it took me about two hours because I was afraid I would break something and went real slow

By the way I used a small jewlers screwdriver to remove the pin.