New Aftermarket First Gen Headlights

Jify

Anyone ever see these before? Looks very interesting, snagged this from Club Lexus.

LH-LLX93A-SET.jpg

Apparently they sold on Ebay... but he has no items in his store at the moment.

Might give a lot more brightness then the glass stock lights? I know my JDM one pieces are just terrible in comparison to every other vehicle I've driven as far as light goes.

Anyways, cheers, just sharing! :)

I just checked eBay and it looks to me that these lights are currently available for a "buy it now" price of $290 including shipping -- and that is for both sides!

These headlights are made by "Eagle Eyes" and I have read positive comments about their products on BMW forums. I had no idea that they made replacement headlights for the gen 1 LS400. I don't see them on the Eagle Eyes corporate website though - http://www.eagleeyes.com.tw/

I wonder if they are discontinued.

If I still had my gen 1 LS400, I would definitely give the Eagle Eyes headlights a try -- they would have to be better than the horrible OEM headlights.

Here is a rear view of the Eagle Eyes headlight module for the gen 1 LS400.

Rather than take a photo of the right side module, they simply flipped the photo of the left headlight module to make the lower photo.

You can see that the headlight bulbs are H4 so one would have to splice in the appropriate connector to use these on a 90-92 LS400.

I almost think I can see a second bulb in the headlight portion of the unit -- if there is a second bulb, maybe it is for the small "city light" bulb like my 00 LS has.

post-2157-1215531763_thumb.jpg

Here is a rear view of the Eagle Eyes headlight module for the gen 1 LS400.

Rather than take a photo of the right side module, they simply flipped the photo of the left headlight module to make the lower photo.

You can see that the headlight bulbs are H4 so one would have to splice in the appropriate connector to use these on a 90-92 LS400.

I almost think I can see a second bulb in the headlight portion of the unit -- if there is a second bulb, maybe it is for the small "city light" bulb like my 00 LS has.

Would be interested in seeing the cutoff pattern to see if HID would work well in these!

HID headlights are not necessarily better than well designed halogen headlights. Some of the headlights with the highest ratings by consumer magazines have been halogen lights on some pretty inexpensive cars -- for example, the halogen headlights on the Mazda 3 of a few years back had extremely high ratings and better than most new cars with HID headlights. A lot of HID headlights on new cars have gotten low ratings for their short range.

The factory HID headlights on my 2000 LS400 are decent but not nearly as good as the European code H4 halogen headlights on the Mercedes 240 and Honda CRX I drove in the 80s.

I looked at a few more non-Lexus forums in the past few days and found that forum users were finding that the quality of products from Eagle Eyes - particularly their tail lights - varied quite a bit. Sometimes the quality was great and sometimes poor.

The Eagle Eye headlights for the gen 1 LS are certainly very inexpensive. It would be hard for them to be worse than the horrible OEM headlights on the gen 1 LS.

The etched pattern looks wild! Wonder what the projected pattern would be like? Has anyone seen these in action? Are they glass? I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to ps them into a stock photo of an LS to see what they would look like on the car. 1990 do you have any threads you can post about these forums?

1990 do you have any threads you can post about these forums?

Gosh, I was all over the place looking for information about Eagle Eyes lighting products.

I found very favorable comments on a BMW forum about the Eaglle Eyes headlights for a BMW -- I think this is the thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8190405

But on a Mercedes forum, one user complained that he went through two sets of Eagle Eyes taillights before he got a set decent enough to use. I think this is the thread: http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225922

I noticed that the Eagle Eyes website shows headlight modules for the 98-00 LS400 like I have. Unlike their headlights for the gen 1 LS, the ones for the 98-00 LS look more like OEM to me.

• 9 months later...
If anyone has installed some of these please post pictures. I'm really interested in getting some of these replacements.

Even with aftermarket bulbs the lighting of 1st gens are terrible!!

There are plenty of photos of Python's gen 1 LS400 with Eagle Eyes headlights on "that other forum": http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400-foru...gle-eyes-6.html

17LexusOwner must be a necromancer cause he brought this thread BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *BA-DUM-CHI* haha :D

Speaking of back from the dead, hows it going J-chrome?

My Pops just bought an RX so I thought i would come back here for a while, that, nd I have some work to do on the 91 this summer ;)

DUDE!!

Haven't heard from you for a while. Good to have you back!

How is the LS coming along? :cheers:

Thanks man!

LS is good, I have some nice summer rims and tires now, time for a pic, polished and waxed last spring as per your instruction, but it needs another treatment for this summer, just no time yet.

LS went from Vancouver BC to Sydney, NS in one trip and then back to Manitoba, check it out, thats a fun trip, long with a kid... Finished that off last spring.

Still rides oh so nice, but going to take care of some minor tedium, and, I think I might put myself into gear to buy some of these eagle-eyes and try to swap the glass lens over, just so much work on my new old house to do still(such is why I have been absent).

Anyways, I will let this thread be now, and post my own pretty soon for my EGR issue (YUCK)

I just had my EGR tube replaced not too long ago. GREAT investment ;) haha tranny shifts smoother, exhaust note is MUCH nicer!

I'm patiently waiting for an update thread on your LS! :D :D haha