Nav Override ?

gxman

as a safety feature lexus has speed sensitive software in the nav system that prevents you from entering data while moving faster than 3-5 mph...this cannot be overiden....however it only affects certain aspects of the system...things like the radio keep working...but you can't plan a route while driving...at least i don't think you can....

• 4 years later...

depending on the year of your car, you can get to the service menu. I have a 2004 gx and you go to the info page, press dvd, then upper left corner, lower left corner, upper left corner, lower left corner and lower right corner and the service menu pops up and you can press override which will allow you to use the nav while in motion.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2009 Lexus IS350 and you cannot enter information while in motion unless you use the voice feature. You can speak an address or phone number and it will work while the car is in motion. The override feature does not work on 2009 models.

press dvd, then upper left corner, lower left corner, upper left corner, lower left corner and lower right corner and the service menu pops up and you can press override which will allow you to use the nav while in motion.

Ditto B)

Does any one know how you can perform a navigation override on a 2007 model?

You would need to downgrade the software on the nav system to 5.1. You can search for "hybrid disc" on the forum for more info. It lets you run the older software with the newest maps.

depending on the year of your car, you can get to the service menu. I have a 2004 gx and you go to the info page, press dvd, then upper left corner, lower left corner, upper left corner, lower left corner and lower right corner and the service menu pops up and you can press override which will allow you to use the nav while in motion.

if you have a new nav update 7.1 or 8.1. you will lost this option.