Vibration When Braking

I have read some earlier posts on this subject. Would the vibration be associated with the front or rear brakes? Also, any suggestions on moderately priced aftermarket parts and source? I have a relative that will mount them.

thanks

I have read some earlier posts on this subject. Would the vibration be associated with the front or rear brakes? Also, any suggestions on moderately priced aftermarket parts and source? I have a relative that will mount them.

thanks

well if its when you brake then it has to do with you brakes obviously. brakes might need a bleed or the rotors might need to be cut. maybe a combination of both.

but to determine if its coming from the front or back, you'll just need to pay more attention to the car when braking :)

thanks

well if its when you brake then it has to do with you brakes obviously. brakes might need a bleed or the rotors might need to be cut. maybe a combination of both.

but to determine if its coming from the front or back, you'll just need to pay more attention to the car when braking :)

most likely its your rotors in the front :mellow:

thanks

Sorry, to ask the basic question... what should I look for? It seems like the front of the car. I am also getting some vibration at regular intervals when driving (could this be tires out of balance?). 90% of the vibration occurs when braking slightly at speeds greater than 40 mph.

thanks

Sorry, to ask the basic question... what should I look for? It seems like the front of the car. I am also getting some vibration at regular intervals when driving (could this be tires out of balance?). 90% of the vibration occurs when braking slightly at speeds greater than 40 mph.

its sounds like you need to get your tire pressure checked. also take your car by a local shop and have them test drive it they will let you know whats really going on

given the vibration when you brake and at some speeds without braking, I can most assuredly say your front rotor(s) is/are out of round/warped.

Happened to my ES a couple of times. If the rotors have never been cut before, don't replace them. Have them cut/resurfaced. This is cheapest and simplest. If you are replacinc pads for the first time, the rotors may still have plenty of life left in them. They can be cut provided the thickness remaining will still be within specs.

steviej

so someone help me out then please..........

lately i have been having a light shake when i brake also (front brakes) but in December i had the front pads replaced with oem pads, front rotors turned, rear rotors replaced, rear pads replaced.........my alignment is on as i had it done like a month ago when i got my new tires so i have covered all that too! its kinda minimal but annoying to have any shake in such a nice car! i did recently paint & clear coat my front/rear hats/calipers but i sprayed the rotors down with a brake cleaner and wiped them with a clean/dry rag so as not to get anything on them! fluid in the reservoir is still full so no bubbles i can tell. do you think i am just starting to wear the front rotors down or what does anyone think is going on?

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

hmmm how do i find out if mine is seized? like i said this isnt a bad vibration so i dont think its something that severe. or atleast i hope it isnt!

brian

Almost surely a rotor needs turning. If it is a siezed caliper you will go thru the pad in no time... :o