Question For Those That Have Converted To R134a

I recently had mine converted on my 1993 and while it does work it seems like it takes a good 5-8 minutes to get to its coldest point. This is after almost every stop regardless of the length I am stopped. I checked the Low Side pressure and it reads 36psi so I think its good. When I pull up to lights I can hear the compressor kind of surging on and off. Sound normal?

I have a 92 that was converted, and I am seeing 50 ~ 55 deg at the vent ( outside it's low to mid 90's). I am getting cold air in under 2 min. You say the low side is 36? Is that at idle? I charged mine to about 42 low, 230 hi at app 1500 rpm, with app 92 deg ambient. I tried less, but I'am getting colder air at the higher pressure.

I have a 92 that was converted, and I am seeing 50 ~ 55 deg at the vent ( outside it's low to mid 90's). I am getting cold air in under 2 min. You say the low side is 36? Is that at idle? I charged mine to about 42 low, 230 hi at app 1500 rpm, with app 92 deg ambient. I tried less, but I'am getting colder air at the higher pressure.

Wow, how many cans did it take to get it to 42 psi?

I am getting pretty cold air right now. I have found that the problem is it takes it a good 5-8 minutes before it starts blowing cold. It is almost like it changes over from warm to pretty cold in a matter of seconds. The compressor and fan is kicking in so I am not sure. Maybe I should just be happy to have A/c

My car had been converted before I purchased it. I hooked up my gauge set awhile back and played around with it because I felt it wasn't getting cold enough. At the pressures I'm running, the ac does a pritty good job cooling down the car (no easy task because it's dark green, and it gets real hot down here). It seams to run about as well as my wifes explorer, which was 134 from the factory.

My car had been converted before I purchased it. I hooked up my gauge set awhile back and played around with it because I felt it wasn't getting cold enough. At the pressures I'm running, the ac does a pritty good job cooling down the car (no easy task because it's dark green, and it gets real hot down here). It seams to run about as well as my wifes explorer, which was 134 from the factory.

Yeah I have the dark green also. I am just going to stop messing with it for now. Really, the A/C works and that is all that matters. I bought the car for $2500 so the longer I can get out of this A/C system the better.