Wwest I Have Made A Decision To No Longer Read Your Posts

The past few days you have been away have been more pleasant for me, I come here for friendly discussions and debates but your abrasiveness puts me in a unpleasant mood. After reading a few words from your latest post I realized you are only going to get me aggravated so don't bother addressing me directly because I won't read anything you write

I hear ya. Too bad, as some of the input was good (whether I agreed or not), after filtering the 'stuff' out. It was odd to have someone have so much to say about the hybrid experience w/o ever owning one.

I also was not reading his posts for information only for intertainment. I was of the opinion he had a lot of opinions and little actual knowledge.

Amazingly, there is one person like him in every internet forum.

Unfortunately, yes it seems. There is another person on here whose posts always have an arrogant, condescending, combative undertone. Maybe writing is not a strong suit of his, but every post or response I've read of his, I feel the same vibe. I know a lot of things are lost in translation when you're posting on forums, as most of us are not professional writers, but this person's posting "tone" is consistently off putting. I won't respond to or acknowledge anything he posts as it just seems that you'll never get anything postive from them. It's not worth the aggravation! But aside from that little rant, this is a great forum with great moderators. I have learned vasts amounts of knowledge from almost all of you guys, and have been more than happy to share any information that I know. Happy Monday LOL :P

Ray

I have said some things on other forums that was meant as a joke but taken the wrong way, I felt is was necessary to make an apology and explain the comment was meant as a joke. I have learned that sometimes when you write things it can be taken the wrong way so now if I say something in jest I try to make it a point to let the person know I was joking. It can still happen every once in a while by accident but when almost every post is rude and abrasive the intent of the posted seems clear.

I think most of us come to these types sites to share knowledge, relax, and make Internet friends, but when I come to a place that causes my blood pressure to go up a few points I don't want to come back

I agree, I like coming onto this forum to learn from people that know a lot more than I do about a lot of things and especially about cars and specifically the hybrids. I was getting a little sad to click onto a topic I thought would be helpful or interesting and then log off due to the fact that I was being made to feel as though buying a Lexus was a big mistake...and this from a LEXUS forum! I love my 2006 RX400h and just need to get useful info here and there, I am not asking what other car I should get or should have bought! I don't know a lot about cars but I do like to tinker so the little contributions that I have posted were meant to be helpful. For example,I absolutely hated the rattles that I had with my 400h and found that others too had had the same problems but I fixed them, posted my fixes and that's the beauty of a site such as this. I LOVE driving now and I even like to turn off the radio and listen to... the sound of silence...no, not the Paul Simon song... literally, silence! I don't know many of the issues that some of you have had with certain members but I am always glad to get negative and smug know-it-alls out of the picture...the "Cliff Clavens" of the world. It's funny how it is almost ALWAYS guys! Reading a forum online is often like watching Animal Planet! I am just glad that most everyone here has been decent and kind. I have asked many silly questions but have always received kind and respectful replies and I appreciate that. Thanks again everyone, Rey

post-26996-1215476190_thumb.jpg

Keep this in mind, there are no silly questions, but there are a lot of people that do silly things because they were afraid to ask a silly question. It is far better to ask a silly question than to do something silly because you didn't ask the question. I have owned a lot of new cars and the Lexus is at the top of my list. I really love the hybrid technology an it was really getting me ticked off to bash my car in every post they made. The thing that makes Lexus special to me is the service. All cars have problems but I expect them to be fixed when I bring it back for service. Unfortunately there are many every expensive cars that have dealers that don't want to be bothered with you after they have your money. Now if Lexus would allow me to use my NAV when the car is moving it would be perfect.

By the way my 07 RX400H was getting 30 to 33 around town, the new GS I just got is getting close to 30 and it feels as fast as myb96 Corvette.

PS I didn't need the room anymore so I got rid of the RX, but today I went to the Dealer to get the Day time running lights turned off. I looked into the trunk of a non-hybrid in the showroom and was shocked how much bigger the trunk is without the battery. I still love the hybrid but I had no idea how big they were